aliens

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Option to choose a music set?  (Read 3846 times)

Offline vladdrak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[SUGGESTION] Option to choose a music set?
« on: February 20, 2016, 01:09:01 am »
Since we already have what.. 3-4 music sets (for Defense at least), it would be great if we could just load the one we want in-game, rather than delete-copy-paste in the file manager. On the UI-side I can't see why 1-2 buttons wouldn't do the job, and it wouldn't be a coder's hell either.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION] Option to choose a music set?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:30:54 am »
Or you could just copy each set into a separate folder under mods and activate them via the mod-screen.

if the files are named gm* that should work (at least it does on this end with the Cydonias_Fall_OST ).

Offline vladdrak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 02:40:35 am »
hm it doesn't seem to want to work for me. i put the mod top, format is set to auto by default and even tried the respective format as well, but no go.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 04:33:29 pm »
If i understand the workings correctly, you might want to put it at the bottom (later ones overrule earlier ones). And just to be sure .. you activated the mod by setting it to YES?

There might also some other issues at play, for starters ... which version of openxcom do you use?

Offline vladdrak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 09:55:17 pm »
If i understand the workings correctly, you might want to put it at the bottom (later ones overrule earlier ones). And just to be sure .. you activated the mod by setting it to YES?

odd. thought it was the other way around, but i might confuse it with some other game's mod management.
now i tried the music being at the bottom. still the same. yes, i set it to YES, i'm using several mods actually.

There might also some other issues at play, for starters ... which version of openxcom do you use?

latest nightly.

and just to be sure.. you sure you're not having your music in the SOUND folder (as well)? :P
thanks for trying to help btw.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:57:10 pm by vladdrak »

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 12:47:46 am »
Latest nightly sounds ok (rules out the versions before the new mod system).

And to answer your question (equally valid to my ones ;) ), my SOUND folder does only contain the originals.

We could always compare folder contents .. although i have to check my modstructure here (i might have broken some things after moving from cloud storage provider) .. so that will somewhere later this week.

In the meanwhile , could you check if it works when you place your music in a subfolder of your mods named SOUND (eg .../mod/mySuperDuperMusic/SOUNDS ), i thought that did the trick for me.

Offline vladdrak

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 11:56:26 am »
could you check if it works when you place your music in a subfolder of your mods named SOUND (eg .../mod/mySuperDuperMusic/SOUNDS ), i thought that did the trick for me.

success! :D
thx for your help!