Author Topic: [ARMOR] Request: adaptation of Uniforms mod for the original game  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
There's an old mod made by Jeffrey Alexander for the original X-Com that I've been using successfully for years and would love to see in Openxcom as well, like some other classical mods already in the game.

This mod contains multiple colour schemes for each vanilla armour and automatically matches it to the terrain, so for example if you go to a desert, you get a desert camo.

Naturally this would require additional code, so I'm just leaving it here for talented people who could want to give it a try. (Seriously, it's a cool feature.)

Offline b

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [ARMOR] Request: adaptation of Uniforms mod for the original game
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 08:48:33 am »
Did this mod just apply different palettes  to the units in different terrains, or did it actually change the sprites for each terrain?  Warcraft 2 used a different palette for each terrain, and if you used the appropriate palette indexes corresponding to the different colors of other terrain palettes you could achieve the same effect with a single sprite.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [ARMOR] Request: adaptation of Uniforms mod for the original game
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 09:12:21 am »
And if somebody does that, I'd love to have the exact opposite, i.e. contrasting colors to the terrain instead of camo. Should not be much more work.