Author Topic: Trying to install nighty  (Read 3480 times)

Offline davef

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Trying to install nighty
« on: January 30, 2016, 09:43:06 pm »
Have  downloaded latest nighty   according to faq  I need  toCopy your X-COM: UFO Defense data to the UFO subfolder.

I assume I must copy the pen xcom data folder to a subfolder in the nighty called UFO, thing is, I can.t see a sub folder of that name, the nighty is dated 31.01.2016

Help would be appreciated

Cheers

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to install nighty
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:16:05 pm »
Assuming you already installed the game, go to Program Files and search for the OpenXcom folder. Next, unzip the nightly and drag n' drop its contents onto the OpenXcom folder, overwriting the previous files, like so:

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 10:35:57 pm »
Assuming you already installed the game, go to Program Files and search for the OpenXcom folder. Next, unzip the nightly and drag n' drop its contents onto the OpenXcom folder, overwriting the previous files, like so:

@Orz: Although this will not do any damage, it is not necessary at all. The nightly download contains everything you need, except for original game files.

@davef:
Correct steps:
1. extract nightly to a new directory (anywhere... for example on your desktop)
2. go to sub-directory "UFO" (you can see it on the screenshot above)... it will be almost empty with only 1 file called "README.txt"
3. open "README.txt" and read, which files from the original game you need to copy into this sub-directory
4. copy the files
5. run the game using "openxcom.exe"

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 07:43:54 pm »
Oh, really? We don't need to install 1.0 anymore? We just need the Nightly and then our core files from our disc?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 07:49:33 pm »
Oh, really? We don't need to install 1.0 anymore? We just need the Nightly and then our core files from our disc?

Correct.
Btw. it was like that since I can remember.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 07:44:34 pm »
Well shit that makes it a whole lot easier then. Has the OXC wiki been updated appropriately then?