aliens

Author Topic: [FULL MOD] UFO & TFTD Rework (silent update: Jan 1, 2017)  (Read 51487 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: [FULL MOD] UFO & TFTD Rework (latest update: July 31)
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2016, 11:17:00 pm »
Currently I have started a game of TFTD with v1.3e of your rework mod and I'm finding it has made TFTD a good bit harder, not that TFTD was ever easy, but I've noticed something of a minor glitch(graphic wise). I thought all alien colonies had to be located in water but per attached no:2 appears to be located on land? You can still assault it normally but I thought I would bring it to your attention. A really good update for TFTD IMHO.

Just checked and it is present on the unmodded TFTD ruleset, so it was present on the original game (unless the OXC devs made a mistake)

@Orz

Someone reported on another thread that your new TFTD aliens can be researched over and over once they're captured. The reason for ths is that you need to add destroyItem: true to the research entries of those aliens, this is something that was recently added on the nightlies, you can just check the TFTD's research.rul to see what I mean.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:20:34 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2016, 12:02:03 am »
@Orz

Someone reported on another thread that your new TFTD aliens can be researched over and over once they're captured. The reason for ths is that you need to add destroyItem: true to the research entries of those aliens, this is something that was recently added on the nightlies, you can just check the TFTD's research.rul to see what I mean.

Thanks again, Hobbes :)

Hotfixes attached for new aliens/ranks in UFO & TFTD Rework; first research.rul is for UFO, second one is for TFTD + Calcinite's Protoform:

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2016, 07:47:58 pm »
My current game seems to be crashing again, perhaps in relation to earlier issue I reported. I can work around it at the minute by not completing the research on the Aquatoid Medic but I thought I would report it. My game continues on as normal beyond midnight if I pause/stop the research but crashes otherwise.

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2016, 08:38:08 pm »
My current game seems to be crashing again, perhaps in relation to earlier issue I reported. I can work around it at the minute by not completing the research on the Aquatoid Medic but I thought I would report it. My game continues on as normal beyond midnight if I pause/stop the research but crashes otherwise.

I'm looking into it. So far I haven't been able to find out what's causing it. Starting a new game with Aquatoid Medic in stores for research works as intended, like any other Medic rank. Have you made any changes to the file yourself? Might also need to look into the other mods for compatibility issues or something out of place or missing in there.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2016, 11:39:31 pm »
No I didn't make any changes to the research.rul file and here are the mods that I'm using. I don't think any of them would be incompatible:

mods:
  - xcom2
  - OpenXCom_Unlimited_Waypoints
  - XcomUtil_Pistol_Auto_Shot_TFTD
  - ILLAMASQUA'S TFTD REWORK 1.3e
  - Disruptor Cannon
  - EXPGAUSS
  - EXTRA POCKETS
  - HELLRAZOR'S STATSTRINGS
  - IONWEAPONS
  - Lockheed
  - MY PULSER SEEKER
  - Moray

Spoiler:
I noticed on the ufopedia the entries for the Cephalid and its autopsy don't have images of the alien in question, is this still to be updated?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:43:57 pm by SIMON »

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2016, 06:29:07 pm »
No I didn't make any changes to the research.rul file and here are the mods that I'm using.

I started a new game yesterday (without the listed mods) and played till I was able to research an Aquatoid Medic, and I was unable to duplicate the crash. I obviously want this mod to be 100% bug-free, but I unfortunately cannot pinpoint the source of the problem here :-\

Spoiler:
I noticed on the ufopedia the entries for the Cephalid and its autopsy don't have images of the alien in question, is this still to be updated?

Spoiler:
Yes, as stated earlier in the updates, these and Diving Suit's pedia images are currently missing.

Offline Jokerke12

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2016, 03:46:27 pm »
Hi, I've been playing this mod in the past few days. I really like it.

However I have a problem. The game crashes on 21st September around 23:00 right after I finished a Colony Assault and started MC training four aquanauts, and says "OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod. [...]"

I saved just before it and exiting and launching the game again does not work. (I tried multiple times.)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2016, 11:42:37 am »
Here the REALLY fixed dye-grenade I wrote about, sorry for the still partially faulty first version

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2016, 11:09:55 pm »
    Hi, I've been playing this mod in the past few days. I really like it.

Hey, sorry for super late reply. I'm extremely busy with life right now, but I'm glad you like it :)

However I have a problem. The game crashes on 21st September around 23:00 right after I finished a Colony Assault and started MC training four aquanauts, and says "OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod. [...]"

If I had to guess, I'd say some research is causing the crash at 23:00. Do you happen to have the savefile, if it's not too late? Perhaps we can find the bug or get a quick-fix, at least.

I should add that I also experienced a crash a couple weeks ago when losing the game. This occurs when the ending "cutscene" sequence is triggered. Does not happen in my UFO mod and I'm 100% certain it wasn't happening before in TFTD either (as I deliberately drove myself to losing games previously and experienced no crashes). So there's currently 3 reported crashes that need to be addresseed right now:

• SIMON's Aquatoid Medic research crash (which I couldn't duplicate)
    • Jokerke12's crash after Colony Assault @ 23:00 hrs (possibly research related too)
    • Orz' ending "cutscene" crash (losing the game crashes game)

All of these crashes are likely due to recent changes in nightlies. Last stable version of UFO/TFTD Rework was done and tested with nightlies from mid July, if I remember correctly. And, furthermore, I successfully played 3 or 4 TFTD campaigns without any crashes whatsoever.

However, like I said, I'm extremely busy right now and it's unlikely I'll be able to invest any serious time on bug-fixing for a while.
    [/list]

Offline Jokerke12

• Squaddie
      • View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: September 17, 2016, 12:01:54 am »

If I had to guess, I'd say some research is causing the crash at 23:00. Do you happen to have the savefile, if it's not too late? Perhaps we can find the bug or get a quick-fix, at least.

Sorry, I accidentaly overwrote the save file. I reflexively clicked on it after starting a new campaign.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
      • View Profile
    « Reply #70 on: October 28, 2016, 11:30:31 pm »
    I think Mediafire is messing up, after a long while I decided to get into openxcom again because Id like to try TFTD with it (last time I played TFTD wasnt supported yet).

Got the TFTD 1.3 mod listed on the first post . . .

However when I decided to get the UFO 1.4 mod for shats and grins Mediafire went into a broken-download loop . . . click on file and it says preparing download, then just basically reloads the page over again without giving me a wait counter or anything. Cannot get the file.

Tried it without my adblocker on too, same story.

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
      • View Profile
    Re: Illamasqua's UFO & TFTD Rework
    « Reply #71 on: October 14, 2020, 05:30:33 am »
    I would never ever demand anyone to ask me for any "permissions" of any kind for anything I've ever done.

Hi Orz.
    Terrific mod indeed. I have played it before and I am installing it now. Awesome rework - very thoughtful and complete. I cannot admire your dedication more.

Even though your mod solves a lot of weapon progression problems, I have few more optimization ideas myself. With that in mind I'd like to use your mod and build mine on top of it. This won't be an integration. Quite the opposite. My additions will be relatively small comparing to your work. Yet, despite your quote above, I'd like to ask for permission as, apparently, some people get very sensitive about it.

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
      • View Profile
    Re: [FULL MOD] UFO & TFTD Rework (silent update: Jan 1, 2017)
    « Reply #72 on: October 14, 2020, 05:57:46 am »
    Hmm. Just tried it on latest nightly TFTD but failed. Any idea what is wrong?

Code: [Select]
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] Active mods:
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - xcom2 v1.0
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - Aliens_Pick_Up_Weapons_TFTD v1.0
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - StrategyCore_Swap_Small_USOs_TFTD v1.0
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - UFOextender_Psionic_Line_Of_Fire_TFTD v1.0
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - XcomUtil_Improved_Gauss v1.0
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - XcomUtil_Pistol_Auto_Shot_TFTD v1.0
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - XcomUtil_Starting_Defensive_Base_TFTD v1.0
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - XcomUtil_Statstrings v1.0
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - Skyhawk-TFTD-FixGaussCoelecanth v1.01
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - skyhawk-tftd-fixmagnav v1.0
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] - TFTD Rework v1.3bb v1.3bb
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [INFO] Loading rulesets...
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [WARN] disabling mod with invalid ruleset: TFTD Rework v1.3bb
    [13-10-2020_22-54-11] [ERROR] failed to load 'TFTD Rework'; mod disabled
    this mod name is already used