Image#1 (square pixel, 1:1)
4 (66.7%)
Image#2 (non-square pixel, 1:1:2)
0 (0%)
Include Both
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 19, 2016, 01:57:59 am

Author Topic: [TFTD] [CRAFT] Enhanced Reskin of T.f.t.D. Craft  (Read 27175 times)

Offline harre

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [CRAFT] Enhanced Reskin of T.f.t.D. Craft
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2016, 03:54:54 pm »
That looks quite nice

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2016, 10:24:44 pm »
I have had some time to look at this over the last two days. I've made a basic plan and a quick mockup.

Was this what you sugested?

Woah, yes. That looks great.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 04:43:34 am »
Almost ready to update - just fixing a few small problems, also I need better UFOpedia pictures.

Sorry about how long this has taken, but I just started a new job 3 weeks ago, and I'm still working through the changes.

Offline Blank

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 02:02:09 pm »
Don't worry, but looking forward to this.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 01:18:41 am »
Hi All - This is being posted in all my threads.

This is a Note to everyone who uses my Mods.

On Monday morning, when I went to turn my PC on, there was a bang and smoke started to flow from the power supply. While my drives and data are intact, the power supply and motherboard are toast. (I'm posting this from a borrowed laptop at the local library)

I have got a replacement lined up, but I'm currently waiting for some parts to arrive. (They should be here in a week/week and a half) I'm sorry but untill my PC is back up and running I have to put any changes/fixes to my mods on hold.

However please keep any suggestions/requests/bug reports comeing in. I can still work with these - I just can't make any changes till I get my new PC.

Roxis231

Offline harre

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2016, 02:01:47 am »
Hi All - This is being posted in all my threads.

This is a Note to everyone who uses my Mods.

On Monday morning, when I went to turn my PC on, there was a bang and smoke started to flow from the power supply. While my drives and data are intact, the power supply and motherboard are toast. (I'm posting this from a borrowed laptop at the local library)

I have got a replacement lined up, but I'm currently waiting for some parts to arrive. (They should be here in a week/week and a half) I'm sorry but untill my PC is back up and running I have to put any changes/fixes to my mods on hold.

However please keep any suggestions/requests/bug reports comeing in. I can still work with these - I just can't make any changes till I get my new PC.

Roxis231

Glad to hear that it was just the motherboard and PSU and not the whole building that burned down.

Offline Stormhawk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2018, 01:14:25 am »
So I've been glancing around at these craft mods for TFTD, and I noticed most everyone seems to be convinced that the sleeker, wider part is the 'rear' of the hybrid craft, like the Hammerhead. I'm not so convinced - in fact, I'm quite certain that parts of the game where orientation is consistent, such as the sprites used in the base view (which consistently have crafts facing downward in the sub pens and equip sub screens) and the interception window (where the damage displays consistently have the crafts facing upwards, towards the hostile USO), clearly indicate that the wider sections of these hybrid craft with the sloped 'wings' are, in fact, the fronts, making their battlescape layouts reversed from how the Triton is oriented.

One of those visuals that has stuck with me from this game is that of the Hammerhead Ufopaedia entry, which, to me, always looked like the Hammerhead about to dive into the water, firing its single hardpoint, and not, in fact, the craft breaching the water with an engine trail, which just doesn't seem right at all with how propulsion appears to be depicted in this game, especially without any sort of 'splash' effect with the water where it should have exited. The only disturbance of the water I can see by the Hammerhead in the artwork appears to be a bit of water splashing up onto the right wing, possibly from a wave just clipped as the first sign of re-entry into the seas or seaspray thrown up just enough to make contact and streak up the wing.

This is also consistent with how the USOs are designed. Generally-speaking, the rear is the thinnest part, while the widest section, generally where the main entry point is also located (on the USOs, at least), is the front. This is supported the fact that, consistently, these thinner 'rear' sections tend to be where the Ion-Beam Accelerators and Zrbite storage are housed, and the wider sections tend to be where components that look more like control consoles are located. If X-COM scientists and engineers were to emulate these designs, they would be doing the same thing- making a wider front with a thinner rear (albeit placing the entry points either at the rear or close to it, more in line with the older human designs).

This is just further evidence supporting my perspective that the Hammerhead's exit, and the Leviathan's seeming 'view slits', are, in fact, in the rear of the crafts, and, in classic X-COM fashion, we have no access to the pilot's cabin or cockpit in tactical battle. In fact, we can't even see it, as it's inside the center of the sloped sections, with no cutaway.

What I'm getting at here is... The Ion-Beam Accelerators are at the wrong end of the troop compartment. If you really want to have them in the layout, either keep them along the outer walls, next to the 'wings' (I would have just assumed they were mounted inside the 'wings', anyway- the Hammerhead's battlescape layout certainly gives me the impression of a drive system in the visible wing edge) or try to stick them closer to the actual rear, not right behind the pilot's head.

I realize I'm over two years late with this comment, but oh well. And I'll also note I understand why this confusion's been around for so long- these ships' orientation in the battlescape is completely reverse of everything else before them- the Skyranger, Avenger, and Triton all faced southward when landed, so why would the Hammerhead and Leviathan be any different? But the visual cues are there in every other detail in the game.

Offline Lord_Kane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2018, 10:47:40 am »
You will be pleased to know that this mod still works on the current version of the nightlies, it has made my TFTD playthrough much more enjoyable.
I encourage you to continue development of this mod as TFTD has a lack of mods other then TWOTS.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2021, 05:34:38 am »
Sorry about the large time out, but life has been busy recently, and now I have the curve ball of having to shift for the first time in 20 years as the landlord has had no choice but to sell.

I'll try to keep these going, but any help would be appreciated.

Andrew. (Aka Roxis231)

Offline Daev

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2023, 07:02:38 pm »
Anyone got a copy of the mod? i cannot access it through the google drive

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2023, 12:16:30 am »
@Daev - sent you a link.

Will try to update all the links ASAP

Offline Daev

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2023, 12:19:12 am »
@Daev - sent you a link.

Will try to update all the links ASAP

Godbless brother, thank you!

Also just wanted to say, these crafts, and the barracuda and manta are just the best man, this is exactly what I am looking for, vanilla style crafts, these look like they could have shipped with the game.

Do you have any problem with people using your assets?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 01:34:01 am by Daev »