Author Topic: Melee and the Kool-Aid man  (Read 4343 times)

Offline armadilloTank

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Melee and the Kool-Aid man
« on: December 01, 2015, 01:43:12 am »
I've seen a couple posts about this, but I'm starting a new topic to get it up there again.

Is there a way to get melee weapons to target not-people so I can Kool-Aid man through buildings to stab mutons in the face? I'm running the final mod pack and it is great but not being able to target terrain with melee attacks has repeatedly come up in missions.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Melee and the Kool-Aid man
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:49:50 am »
The only way that exists is to add a firing option to them, like Piratez has done to with a range 1 snapshot for its hammer. Otherwise, no.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:58:04 pm »
This might be introduced in the future, at least in OXCE.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 02:02:30 am »
Well here's what I did with an older mod "Powerglove" by civilian. I did what Arthanor said and hey presto you can munch your way through fences, hedges, stone walls and maybe some buildings to your heart's content. The only downside is you can't attack on a diagonal but I think it's a fair trade off. Also research is required before you get your hand on these gauntlets so I would say it's a mid game weapon.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 05:40:28 pm »
Well here's what I did with an older mod "Powerglove" by civilian. I did what Arthanor said and hey presto you can munch your way through fences, hedges, stone walls and maybe some buildings to your heart's content. The only downside is you can't attack on a diagonal but I think it's a fair trade off. Also research is required before you get your hand on these gauntlets so I would say it's a mid game weapon.

Let me guess, it also never misses? :)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 08:15:04 pm »
Yes it can as its based on your firing accuracy though,
Spoiler:
not once your troop has a FA of 80 as coupled with the snap accuracy of 125 gives you a stated accuracy of 100%. Also it does H/E damage
. It may be op but its range is limited to 1 and from personal experience even very strong troops would need around 7 hits from the rear to take down a Sectopod/Zombie, even more if u're suicidal enough to get up next to a cyberdisc!

Offline CthuluIsSpy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 04:48:23 pm »
Can't drills in TFTD destroy walls? If not, would it be possible to program them to destroy terrain?