aliens

Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] More stats visible on equip screen  (Read 10563 times)

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[SUGGESTION] More stats visible on equip screen
« on: November 06, 2015, 01:02:24 am »
I haven't seen a mod for this for vanilla OXC, but since this mod is more melee focused (one of the reasons I love it), it would be nice to be able to see your Gal's Melee stat, if not all of the stats when go to equip them for a mission. If there's a limit I'm unaware of though, I'd definitely prioritize Melee Skill.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [SUGGESTION] More stats visible on equip screen
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 05:53:30 pm »
Well there is no space left, so... Also this is a non-moddable feature as of yet.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:53:39 pm »
Could do "Acc: 90/60" for melee and shooting combined? but yeah, need to work in the code for that..

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 02:38:14 am »
If there's no room and it needs to be coded into the EXE or whatever, then it's forgiveable :) I just wasn't sure if it was an easy fix or not. That statstrings thing that guy posted in here works pretty well as a replacement for this anyway.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 03:37:50 am »
Yeah, that guy did a pretty good job with the statstring, eh?  ;D

It would indeed require coding, but it should be a fairly trivial change to add some very useful bit of info. Maybe I can look into it, then Yankes/Dioxine could add it for the build distributed with X-Piratez?.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 12:31:18 pm »
You can click the rank icon to see all the stats. And imo you need to see it all to make good choices of equipment.

What it really need imo is the often requested feature to open the bootypedia entry by right clicking the item, and a way to change armor directly from the inventory if you are editing it from the base.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 03:18:24 pm »
Those two would be great additions, for sure, but well beyond my ability to tweak for sure as well..

As for the stats, if you have TU, Str (from the weight capacity), Reactions, Firing and Melee accuracy, you could make pretty well informed decisions. But I agree that clicking the rank to get the stats is not that much more trouble either.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 04:16:19 pm »
If that was moddable, I'd replace Reactions with Melee (once I get loads of cash, I'm sacking every new recruit with Reactions below 60 anyway) and maybe change TUs into TU/Energy (if fits); Throwing is also useful to know but not critical - creating knife-throwing/archer party is a special operation so I'm fine with checking stat screen.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 05:20:15 pm »
Does knife-throwing and bow firing actually raise throwing accuracy? I assumed it raised firing, which made them kind of odd weapons where using them doesn't make you better at it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 06:14:47 pm »
Does knife-throwing and bow firing actually raise throwing accuracy? I assumed it raised firing, which made them kind of odd weapons where using them doesn't make you better at it.

Yeah... to train an archer you need to throw grenades a lot... It's regrettable but there's nothing I can do about it at this point. Depends on future OXCE developments.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 07:46:47 pm »
That's what I thought.. it would be cool to get the "SkillTrained" flag for items added to OXCE. Oh well.. It could be interesting to train an "indirect warfare" soldier, with a bow and grenades along with throwing knives for close up work. Could be a good use of a starting gal with poor firing accuracy but decent throwing, who would get a side increase in firing every time the bow is used. Have you considered raising the starting throwing cap to compensate the awkwardness of training it? Or I guess otherwise it might make grenade throws too accurate (but they're so expensive, I rarely use them even though I have a stockpile now).

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 08:29:35 am »
Being able to equip armor at your landing would be great too. Sometimes you get stuff like a daytime mission and half your gang has Night-Ops suits, or you just gave the wrong person the wrong armor.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 04:43:45 pm »
Haha! That would be convenient, but I'm pretty sure the gals suit up before leaving and leftover armors are at the base :P

Or maybe all the gals jump in the bonny in underwear and then it turns into a wardrobe frenzy as everybody gets dressed up and equipped for the mission? :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 07:03:32 pm »
Yeah, who'd suffer sitting in their armor thorough the whole trip, it can take many hours after all :)
But yeah as it currently is, it's impossible to add such a feature, since the armors are stored at the base (not craft) and since the game engine is not written with the possibility of changing armor mid-mission (and yes, pre-equip screen is already 'mission time').

Offline Axebeard

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 01:09:20 am »
That's what I figured. Ahh well.