Author Topic: [Enemies]New targets suggestions!  (Read 7083 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
[Enemies]New targets suggestions!
« on: November 04, 2015, 09:26:56 pm »
Obviously, Dioxine is pretty imaginative, but maybe there are other things we can think up that could fit in Piratez?

Today, as I was storming a church craft, I rushed to a position where I knew there was an enemy thanks to my trusty Aye-phone, and, seeing it for the first time, thought "Good! It's just a neophyte!" and then..

Wouldn't it be a great gesture of devotion for some of the church's neophyte and zealot to host on of the Stargods' progeny? They already use chryssalids in combat, but maybe, rarely, you could find a neophyte that has one inside. Oh the look on the face of the gal who finds out..!

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [Enemies]New targets suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 04:24:38 am »
For lolz. If the humanists are able to build bases maybe they can rarely have a mecha you know who in there.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 09:00:57 am »
Yeah I have both ideas on my waiting-for-gfx list for a long time... although it wasn't a Chryssalid, there was a plan for a something else really bad hidden into something that looks innocent, so this is a new idea, in a way... :) As for the Humanists it was naturally Panzerklein...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 04:02:24 pm »
Ah! well.. let's see if I or someone else can come up with something else you really haven't thought of!

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 07:17:26 pm »
Not necessarily an idea per say but when I was looking through the mod files when I saw the super slave images. I originally thought that perhaps rarely you can fight super man. I thought of it like this on your radar (and only radar) you would see a really fast and very small flying object. You would try to intercept it but it is incredibly difficult with ballistic craft weapons also the image would be jammed. However should you have shot him down and sent people there you would find a very clear crater but no ship? Your crew would look around and eventually find a man in a blue suit who is really pissed off. Again bullets and the like would not have much effect on him but cattle prods , smoke grenades and rope would work really well against him. As for an interrogation I would have imagined he would just give you lore and maybe some advanced medical technology or the bat signal (for lolz). But then I read a play though on the bay 12 forums by boltgun and saw that it was a super slave. I was somewhat disappointed but at the same time amused.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 02:53:23 pm »
haha! I'm not 100% sure about encountering superman (maybe as an easter egg?) and there is already a fair bit of superhero stuff, but the idea of something strong enough to be intercepted, and then engaged on the ground sounds pretty cool. Maybe some kind of extra-dimensional being zooming by? Or an alien monster?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 11:00:35 pm »
Or an alien monster?

I had this idea for a living "craft", or basically a large flying mutated creature, that could be shot down. It has no crew and can be turned into a lot of meat.

Or we could go Hellgate London and make it transport Dark Ones. Well, basically an Overlord from Starcraft.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 11:05:35 pm »
So you shoot it down, then send a craft to recover the carcass? Could work for fancy weird organic materials (like other Xeno hides), in a similar way to freighters and excavators, but with no spawned enemies (or with younger ones/symbiotic organisms/parasites/carrion-eaters/scavengers to fight off?)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 11:28:51 pm »
So you shoot it down, then send a craft to recover the carcass? Could work for fancy weird organic materials (like other Xeno hides), in a similar way to freighters and excavators, but with no spawned enemies (or with younger ones/symbiotic organisms/parasites/carrion-eaters/scavengers to fight off?)

Yes, exactly all that! ;)

And maybe the bush monster as well. :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 08:04:50 pm »
Bush monster needs to happen, for sure! Feels like you could use the MCD bush picture for the sprite with one of the simple drawing routines.

Regarding the "enemy with an enemy inside", I recently encountered Dark Ones, and it felt like they'd also work really well if some of the human soldiers could release the demon that is possessing them upon death! Some kind of dark, spectre looking thing with a melee that ignores armor? hard to kill with bullets or swords, need energy/flame weapons to take it out?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 09:42:06 pm »
Nice idea, but not here - it'd conflict with the lore on Dark Ones.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 09:52:28 pm »
uh? I guess I need to do more research then. I thought they were possessed and you could get the demon out from captured dudes to then throw at other people. Seems to work? Or did you think I was suggesting that for the Church instead of Dark Ones?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 10:01:13 pm »
It is called 'demonic essence', and the research only says what the gals think. But they don't know all the facts :) Anyway, not all Dark One lore is in the mod yet. Expect the rest when the Cult of Apocalypse faction appears :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 03:48:58 am »
Fair enough! I only know what the brainerz tell me ;) Looking forward to more!