aliens

Author Topic: MORALE LOSS  (Read 3676 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
MORALE LOSS
« on: September 28, 2015, 09:12:56 pm »
In a current alien base assault I mind controlled a muton soldier and he proceeded to auto fire at a cyberdisc, the cyberdisc returned fire and promptly killed him but the rest of my troops suffered no morale loss on that turn or the next turn. I thought if you have an alien mc'd and he dies while you have control it causes some morale loss on your side as on that turn he's one of your units. https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Morale
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:49:55 pm by SIMON »

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MORALE LOSS
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:08:13 pm »
Openxcom fixes a lot of bugs and illogical behaviors. Sometimes it can be questionable, but here it looks a lot like an oversight in the original games.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:54:25 pm »
Ta, I could have swore that I'd read about morale loss to your troops if a mc'd alien dies during your turn but couldn't see anything on the ufopaedia site, maybe it was somewhere on the forum, I'll investigate a bit more though it could be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 02:47:30 am »
yeah, we don't treat MCed aliens as "your" troops in terms of morale loss

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 03:12:41 am »
Maybe it was only on the original game that this happened as I'm sure it was some article in ufopaedia that referred to this but thanks to all who have advised me. Not that I overly cared about mc'd aliens health or well being but now I can be more ruthless than ever with them, so long as they scout for me or shoot their former buddies before they drop. Just on another slight point I assume that during the aliens turn if the only unit of "yours" that they spot is a mc'd alien, it's the same as if they spotted one of your troops and your whole squad is open to psi attack.