Author Topic: Anthropod-Spitters  (Read 3378 times)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Anthropod-Spitters
« on: September 14, 2015, 02:27:12 pm »
I just tried the Anthropod-Mod. From the looks of it, quite nice. But I was wondering: Is it intentional, that there are three different kinds of spitter research and three types of corpses, however just one unique research result on the living ones, and none at all for the corpses? I can understand, why there are three types of spitters. But I don't understand, why I still can research the other two types after researching one of them (won't get any further results, anyways). And why I don't get any results on the corpse. No graphics for that ufopaedia entry?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Anthropod-Spitters
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 07:14:17 pm »
The 3 kinds of spitters use the same mechanic of zombies: when an armored version dies it gets replaced by a half-armored version, then replaced with a naked version when it dies, then replaced with a corpse.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 07:16:12 pm »
I know that. Anyways, you can research all three. That's OK. And when doing so with the corresponding corpses, I find now results of that research. As I just did the translation, I know, that it is supposed to appear. However it doesn't here. You get only the notification, that the research has been completed, but no results.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 07:36:10 pm »
I know that. Anyways, you can research all three. That's OK. And when doing so with the corresponding corpses, I find now results of that research. As I just did the translation, I know, that it is supposed to appear. However it doesn't here. You get only the notification, that the research has been completed, but no results.

You can research all 3 because they are 3 different units and there's no way to replace one alien by another when they are brought back alive to base. It wouldn't make sense that you could research only one of them. You can still research the other 2 after completing 1 because that's how OpenXCom is set.

Getting only the notification and no UFOPedia article after research is completed means there are incorrect settings in the ruleset, assuming that there is an UFOPedia article.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 07:38:34 pm »
I think that there is one supposed to be. In the *.rul file there's at least a text for that. =)