Author Topic: Needed Feature: Responsibility Toggle  (Read 3608 times)

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
Needed Feature: Responsibility Toggle
« on: September 04, 2015, 09:15:34 am »
So after all the wait and hype I still haven't managed to really play TFTD, I swear if it's not one thing it's another. A lot of games have a quickstart option but I'm not really sure that's applicable here. Beginner isn't really solving most of my problems either.

What I need is an option to toggle all the stuff that makes it hard to continue playing. It would default to on and when turned off certain mechanics should all be disabled. Here's a list of the mechanics I would disable to ensure a full TFTD experience:

1. Money - All purchases, sales, construction and income should be $0.
1a. Rent should also be disabled.
2. Living Requirements - All living space requirements should be disabled.
3. Time Passage - The geoscape (and any other screen) should work without time passing.
4. Employers - All employer actions should be disabled and all scores should be left undefined.
5. Governments - All government activity should be disabled.
6. Roommates, spouses, parents and children should be left uncalculated or disabled entirely.

Ya, that should about do it. Then I'll be able to play TFTD properly.

Offline Ishmaeel

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Needed Feature: Responsibility Toggle
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:19:09 pm »
This is the most exquisite piece of writing I have encountered this week. Seriously.

My eyebrow remained firmly lowered until I hit number 4 (employers? in X-Com?) and it only dawned on me when I finally reached number 6.

Kudos.

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 10:14:14 am »
Well golly-jee Warboy, my feature request has been up for over a day now and I still don't see it in the commit history. But this is only the bestest easiest feature request EVER!

Maybe when I find time to actually play TFTD for reals I will fill the bug tracker with a whole hive of incorrect behaviors that nobody else noticed! Right when you think you got away with them all - COVERED IN BUGS HAHAHA! It might take me a few weeks, maybe months, you just won't know. All you gotta do to prevent a big fat suprise of COVERED IN BUGS when you least expect it is create one little bubble in spacetime big enough for me and my laptop.

Oh, and a power source for my laptop. And a microwave. Oh and a fridge too. Better make it a generator and room for a couple weeks fuel... wait a minute... I can't afford all that stuff! CRAP!

In all seriousness, what I have seen looks AWESOME! Thankyou so much for a TFTD experience that I guess I'll just have to look forward to for a while.

niculinux

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 03:00:57 pm »
Nice suggestion, but maybe more in a form of mod, since it's an option that would overthrow the true vanilla game, so i would not agree :(

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 03:48:05 pm »
Oh, and a power source for my laptop. And a microwave. Oh and a fridge too. Better make it a generator and room for a couple weeks fuel... wait a minute... I can't afford all that stuff! CRAP!

Looks like someone is going to have fun when the zombie apocalypse arrives lol

Offline Sectiplave

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 07:19:05 am »
I was also very confused until I reached point number 4 :D good post this one got me good!

All I can say is that you should be excited, I've just about completed one game year worth of TFTD (I don't attend all downed USO's is worth noting) and I've only encountered one bug that required debug mode to work around, it's otherwise a very solid!

Really keen to see what the modding community gets up to once it's ready for mods.