Author Topic: Magic & Mayhem Engine Open Source Clone  (Read 17429 times)

Offline MMFan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Magic & Mayhem Engine Open Source Clone
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 01:50:29 pm »
I have successfully managed to re-create the sprite extraction routine as a JavaScript plugin which is more suited to my use case. I have uploaded it here.

Massive thank you to Nikita_Sadkov again for sharing your work.

@Nikita_Sadkov: would you object to me including the C files in the repository for the sake of posterity? I would of course make sure it's clear that you're the author.

Offline Nikita_Sadkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 10:29:40 pm »
I have successfully managed to re-create the sprite extraction routine as a JavaScript plugin which is more suited to my use case. I have uploaded it here.

Massive thank you to Nikita_Sadkov again for sharing your work.

@Nikita_Sadkov: would you object to me including the C files in the repository for the sake of posterity? I would of course make sure it's clear that you're the author.
I'm completely fine with that. SAU project has the MIT license: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License

Offline Nikita_Sadkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 10:37:35 pm »
Ever considered uploading on bitchute or vlare.tv?
neither of them would give a crap about what a big bad bank wants, and it sounds like an important thing to have out there.
I don't really care anymore and I will try getting out of Ukraine when the quarantine will be lifted. PrivatBank was once private (therefore the name), but then the government nationalized it, and it turned into an even bigger mess (because the private owner actually cared about his bank's services). Basically Ukrainian government uses some non-free-market policies even today long after 2014. On the other side, Russian Sberbank is still freely operates in Ukraine, despite the pure ideological reasons to shut it down or at least convince to change the name, associated with the USSR and the Russian Empire financial systems.

Offline MMFan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2020, 07:45:53 pm »
A small update for anyone who may be interested: I've just discovered that it's possible to enable a basic debugging mode which creates several log files:

• Creature.plc
  • events.plc
  • mapgen.log
  • mapplace.plc
  • objects.plc
  • region.plc
  • Section.plc
  • Wizard.plc

This is made possible with a very simple EXE patch using a hex editor; simply change the value at offset 0xD59CA from 0x75 to 0x74 and the above files will be created when you start a game and then quit.

Edit: in case it wasn't obvious, the file in question is Chaos.exe
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 07:47:29 pm by MMFan »

Offline NancyGold

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 09:08:22 pm »
A few years ago NSA has open sourced their Ghidra decompiler. It supports even the classic video game console CPUs, like Z80 and 6502. So you can decompile the original ZX Spectrum Chaos game :D