Author Topic: [MAPS] New Terror Mission Map Blocks  (Read 116520 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [MAPS] New Terror Mission Map Blocks
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2015, 07:10:07 am »
Whooooooooo jeah! That's one kind of landing.

It looks like the script for the maggenerating is messed up here also :D

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2015, 11:14:04 am »
I will take the freedom in the next days and see if i can get these maps working on the nightly version.
Sorry for the spam.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2015, 05:16:19 pm »
How would these interact with Hobbes' terrain pack? New maps? New blocks that get added to his maps?

If both mods have their own mapscripts, I guess new maps? Hopefully they don't conflict.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2015, 07:49:04 pm »
Looks like they do conflict, on a 2nd Terror mission I got a Skyranger stuck in the building with both TerrainPack and TerrorPack enabled.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2015, 10:59:52 pm »
Looks like they do conflict, on a 2nd Terror mission I got a Skyranger stuck in the building with both TerrainPack and TerrorPack enabled.

Essentially you could use both. You would need something like
alienDeployments:
  - type: STR_TERROR_MISSION
    terrains:
      - NAME_1
      - NAME_2
      - NAME_3...
Which includes all terrains from both, and select from them randomly.
And is loaded as last Ruleset file.
Which Version did you try (Openxcom and the mods).

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2015, 11:21:58 pm »
openxcom_git_master_2015_02_22_0621 nightly
Hobbes Terrain Pack v3.1.4
luke Expanded Terror v2.2(1) from mod portal page

The roof landing I got on the previous page had the same mods enabled (and also XOps, but I do not think it has anything to do with mapscripts, and Expanded U_Base, but it was a Terror Mission, not a base assault) and it was a 1st month terror mission. When I got a second one, a Skyranger exit was blocked by a building wall, and most of the Skyranger was inside said building.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2015, 11:35:44 pm »
openxcom_git_master_2015_02_22_0621 nightly
Hobbes Terrain Pack v3.1.4
luke Expanded Terror v2.2(1) from mod portal page

The roof landing I got on the previous page had the same mods enabled (and also XOps, but I do not think it has anything to do with mapscripts, and Expanded U_Base, but it was a Terror Mission, not a base assault) and it was a 1st month terror mission. When I got a second one, a Skyranger exit was blocked by a building wall, and most of the Skyranger was inside said building.
I also had that once with the terrainpack, actually disabled most of the Terrormission terrain which comes with it and only use Urban, Madurban and Industrial.

luke's expanded Terror will not work correctly i think with the newest nightly because of the mapscript stuff. I didn't had time to test this.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2015, 03:03:56 am »

The issue is how Luke83 designed these maps with unnecessary underground levels, which made it impossible for craft to land since level 0 was dirt blocks. Warboy1982 had to create custom code to place the craft on empty space above the dirt blocks (that's why you get roof landings) but it seems that it needs some tuning.

I also had that once with the terrainpack, actually disabled most of the Terrormission terrain which comes with it and only use Urban, Madurban and Industrial.

luke's expanded Terror will not work correctly i think with the newest nightly because of the mapscript stuff. I didn't had time to test this.

Did you report that bug for the Terrain Pack? IIRC I fixed something similar a while ago. I've just check the ruleset and this situation shouldn't happen on the Pack since all terror site terrains have a map block designated for craft landings.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:09:54 am by Hobbes »

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2015, 04:42:16 am »
Warboy1982 had to create custom code to place the craft on empty space above the dirt blocks (that's why you get roof landings) but it seems that it needs some tuning.
No need to. Terrain just need to have proper usage of group 1.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2015, 09:29:11 am »
Did you report that bug for the Terrain Pack? IIRC I fixed something similar a while ago. I've just check the ruleset and this situation shouldn't happen on the Pack since all terror site terrains have a map block designated for craft landings.

Oh well it happened when i was not really registered on the forum. So... and i couldn't reproduce it it.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2015, 09:32:59 am »
No need to. Terrain just need to have proper usage of group 1.

Well yes groups: 1 is assigned to landing points for xcom craft in case of a terrormission.

Code: [Select]
Guidelines/Tips

All maps with an XCOM/Alien craft require at least one map block assigned to Group 1. This map block can only contain ground tiles (no walls or objects), otherwise the game will crash or the walls/objects will be removed.

All Terror terrains (listed under STR_TERROR_MISSION) require the Groups of Types 2, 3 and 4 (for a total of 3 maps, which are required to place roads).

So what will happen if all other map types to have 2 additional layers of dirt under them, like lukes terrormaps?
I will see what happens once i write a proper script to test.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #176 on: March 02, 2015, 01:54:46 pm »
Sooo who test out luke83 modules with the newest nightly might do so, with following Terror_Sites_Nightly.rul (see attachement)

For testing purposes i turned off Hobbes Terrain Pack, i will try to experiment a little bit and get these two working parallel.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 02, 2015, 06:28:37 pm »
can't download modsite offline. would someone be kind enough to put it on the forum instead?

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2015, 06:32:16 pm »
Sure thing

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2015, 08:04:57 pm »
The issue is how Luke83 designed these maps with unnecessary underground levels, which made it impossible for craft to land since level 0 was dirt blocks. Warboy1982 had to create custom code to place the craft on empty space above the dirt blocks (that's why you get roof landings) but it seems that it needs some tuning.

In regard to those dirt block levels i am kinda thinking if there is a way to resize the maps, remove the underground dirt levels and maybe integrate the then usuable map tiles into your terrain pack. Since both active at the same doesn't work because of terrain definitions.
Except adding a third rulesetfile which has all terrains from specified and is loaded after both of them, which is kinda ugly like hell.

But that is just a suggestion...