aliens

Author Topic: A nice little mission  (Read 5227 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
A nice little mission
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:02:44 pm »
If you're very brave and/or suicidal try out the pyramid of pain in Piratez, version 0.9j superhuman has 83 enemy combatants including deep ones, lobstermen and celatids. This should be a fun mission.

Offline NeptunesNookGames

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: A nice little mission
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 03:13:40 am »
83?!?!?  Is it a massive map or are they just piled on top of each other?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 12:01:57 pm »
They're mostly melee combatants so the mission isn't actually super-hard. Map is quite large (60x60).

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 12:02:41 pm »
No it's a 60 x 60 grid but they are "close" to each other. Whether they're all packed in is a matter of perspective I suppose but that's the way Dioxine designed it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 12:04:24 pm »
Was that a Chinese Dragon explosion? Looks like the radius is capped for some reason, your soldier should be well inside the blast radius and dead otherwise...

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 12:06:43 pm »
Yep, I reduced the blast radius as I thought 59 would make the weapon almost unuseable, I reduced it to either 12 or 15.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 12:11:35 pm »
It's a superweapon and you have removed its only disadvantage (and most of the cool factor at the same time).

Cheater  :'(

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 12:19:38 pm »
But 59 is suicidal blast range IMO, I try and balance that by only having 1 troop having it with 1 reload. The cost of each rocket is so much that you won't be able to afford them for a long time into the game and even then only a few. In my current game I'm just able to afford them and I'm at the end of July in the second year. BTW alien hideouts have finally appeared, 2 of them both in Europe and both Star Gods. I must have peaved them off big time!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 01:14:41 pm »
The cost of each rocket is so much that you won't be able to afford them for a long time into the game and even then only a few.

This is exactly as designed, it was never meant to be a conventional weapon (as in, useful in normal combat situations). However with blast radius limited to 15,  it becomes one, and  I'd make them at least 5x more expensive, so you wouldn't have to 'play nice' and limit yourself - you are supposed to be limited by that huge blast radius.  Piratez were never designed for players who 'play nice'. As for suicidal - only if you're unwilling to use your brain.