Author Topic: Silacoid movement bug  (Read 4450 times)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Silacoid movement bug
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:31:05 pm »
I already mentioned this somewhere else, but never took the time to make a saved game for it. Now I did, so for testing purposes, please look at the attached file.

So about the actual problem: When I send one of those three silacoids straight down to the elevator-entrance at the ground level, they don't take a suitable path there. They don't even end up where they were supposed to go to but one field aside from the target. This seems to be happening only in terror-ships, when dropping from the second level, and only with silacoids. Can someone else reproduce this with latest nightly? At my side, this is happening for a few weeks now, so it's not exactly a result of latest coding.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Silacoid movement bug
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 12:11:46 am »
Anyone with the same problem? Or is it just me?

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 02:33:21 pm »
What version of the game are you using?

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 03:10:41 pm »
Current nightly. But this is happening for months now. Don't know, it it is happening with 1.0 stable version, too.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 11:54:36 am »
If you enable the path preview, you will notice that they take a different path than the one shown in the preview. They end up next to the elevator because they run out of time units when taking the longer path.

Not sure exactly why this happens.

Warboy?

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 01:32:41 pm »
It's not necessarily a lack of TUs. One of them has 6 TUs left, when using the CTRL movement commands. And still ends up one step aside of the elevator. But the mere fact, that it takes a different way, then predicted (and most definitely not a path taking the least amount of TUs), that's my problem. But the stunning part is, that this seems to be happening only with silacoids and I never noticed it with something else than a terror ship, too. Something there must be different.