Author Topic: Programs for recording OpenXCOM?  (Read 4458 times)

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
Programs for recording OpenXCOM?
« on: June 27, 2015, 04:01:05 am »
Any programs that can record OpenXCOM? Tried Open Broadcaster Software's "Game Capture" mode and it gave me a blank screen. OBS's Window Capture can capture OpenXCOM, but the preview shows a tiny window in the top corner with a lot of empty space.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:05:32 am by Taberone »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Programs for recording OpenXCOM?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:36:04 am »
Just for clarification: you use Windows, yes?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 12:13:45 pm »
Tried Open Broadcaster Software's "Game Capture" mode and it gave me a blank screen.

If you want to use game capture mode in OBS, you need to use OpenGL. In OpenXcom, go to Options > Video > Display Filter ... and change it from "Disabled" to "raw*".

PS: just to clarify, OpenXcom doesn't have any special requirements, you can use any recording software you want (I am using Bandicam for example)... just need to configure and use it properly.
PS2: don't use Fraps though, that's the worst piece of software ever
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 12:15:34 pm by Meridian »

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 05:27:58 pm »
If you want to use game capture mode in OBS, you need to use OpenGL. In OpenXcom, go to Options > Video > Display Filter ... and change it from "Disabled" to "raw*".

PS: just to clarify, OpenXcom doesn't have any special requirements, you can use any recording software you want (I am using Bandicam for example)... just need to configure and use it properly.
PS2: don't use Fraps though, that's the worst piece of software ever

Thanks

Offline SkyBreach

• Squaddie
  • "Hidden Movement"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 12:46:54 am »
I recommend you "ZD Soft Game Recorder" Works fine for me in games like Doom and UFO. The only requirement is that you have to be activated OpenGL mode in OpenXcom.
By the way. I use an older version of "zd soft game recorder" exactly version 2.0 2013-2014, because it uses less system resources. this is just a personal preference.

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 09:49:26 am »
Or you could just use Window capture, and you wouldn't need to change any settings ;)