Author Topic: [SOLVED] My soldiers cant sprint [Was a translation problem]  (Read 5222 times)

Offline shadics

• Captain
    • View Profile
well
i dont know if it is a bug but, i cant sprint with ctrl+clik anymore after installing the new nightly 2015-05-25
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:59:58 am by shadics »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: My soldiers cant sprint
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 02:39:35 am »
Is the mod still enabled?

If so, and it still doesn't work, the nightly may have broken the mod. Such is the nature of using the bleeding edge.

You can either roll back to a nightly that the mod worked well with, or try and fix it yourself (or bug the mod author to fix it?). I hear the folder structure was changed recently, maybe that's why the mod fails to work.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 09:51:45 am »
For a nightly-noob as me: How can I get an older version from the git-repository using git-command? I always used the latest version, as I never had a really big problem with it, but one never knows, when that might happen, anyway.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 12:38:50 pm »
I use the git command line, and to go back to an older version I use these two commands :
Code: [Select]
git checkout <commit>
git checkout -b <branch_name>

These links might help if my example was not enough: https://githowto.com/getting_old_versions ; https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/viewing-old-commits/

Offline shadics

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 06:21:50 am »
Is the mod still enabled?

I don't know if the mod is enabled, where i have to look to know that?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 06:37:37 am »
Options> Advanced>Battlescape> "Alternate movement methods"

Offline shadics

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 06:56:34 am »
thanks a lot for the help. I found the problem. I play the game in spanish, and the option is not translated rigth.
i had to change the language to english to find the option
in spanish, the option says "las nuevas instalaciones se pueden colocar al lado de no terminadas" ("the new instalations can place next to the unfinished instalations")

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] My soldiers cant sprint [Was a translation problem]
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 01:47:03 pm »
Thanks for sharing, shadics ! Every report like this helps make Openxcom better.

Now, need for somebody who has an account on transifex to fix the Spanish (Spain) translation of STR_STRAFE. As a reference, the Spanish (South America) says "Métodos de movimiento alternos".