Author Topic: scripting  (Read 20396 times)

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: scripting
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 06:45:20 pm »
Yeah, custom unit graphics is possible, check luke83's work. You start from an existing unit and start to tweak and you got a different unit. While the code to draw the unit can stay the same.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 12:15:00 am »
its not that I mean, is possible to have one solder have different graphic? that arent form standard set and still have rest graphic intact? right now luke83 replace all graphic to use his work.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 12:46:54 am »
Yes currently my custom units are using all the same CODE as normal x-com soldiers, they just have different images attached to that code. Currently i still don't know if i will be able to add these into game via the rule-sets or scripting as i am really not a programmer ( this is why i have started working on my new maps for a little while), There is still the 4 TFTD sprites for me to "upgrade" before version 1.0 comes out. How i give them Guns and How i get the aliens to use them as armed cannon fodder in game is still unknown to me.

I would love to see a 2 tile tall Space-Ogre or something in game :)

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 11:14:07 am »
Gchevallereau, still working on this? Any progress?

Offline gchevallereau

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 02:48:22 pm »
Not that much. I do not have enough time at the moment to go any further and It's not really needed at the moment.
Don't forget that this was more a try than a proper support. I do not plan making any "real" development on this now. Maybe later. And it will more a way to figure how to shrink the size of binded API and maybe how to really solve remaining issues (handler for events for examples).

I will update the build and the branch soon with the latest changes from master. So people can still give it a try.

Offline gchevallereau

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 09:52:37 pm »
I have merged the master branch in swigX and rebuild the windows installer: https://gchevallereau.net/guillaume/openxcom/OpenXcom_python-0.3-win32_2012_03_18.zip

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 12:52:02 pm »
Is there any way to use this to SHOW ALL the battle map without the FOG OF WAR? i would love to be able to view my new map creations without having to kill everything that can see me :P

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 07:32:29 pm »
Is there any way to use this to SHOW ALL the battle map without the FOG OF WAR? i would love to be able to view my new map creations without having to kill everything that can see me :P
We already have such a feature, but it's only available in debug builds to avoid unintended behavior. If you can't build it yourself I can get an EXE.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 09:29:30 am »
We already have such a feature, but it's only available in debug builds to avoid unintended behavior. If you can't build it yourself I can get an EXE.

Yes please ;D

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 08:08:43 pm »
Is Lua scripting option (such as UFO2000)  discarded ?
It is portable,
It is small,
it is already knew by modders,
there are some terrain map set complete by .lua file to generate costom battlescape ...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 11:56:45 pm »
Is Lua scripting option (such as UFO2000)  discarded ?
It is portable,
It is small,
it is already knew by modders,
there are some terrain map set complete by .lua file to generate costom battlescape ...

+1.
I'm not qualified to do it myself at this point, but I know several people here who are clearly capable of making kickass terrain with this.
While there have been so many suggestions and requests lately, this one seems particularly valuable to me.