Author Topic: [CRAFT] Tactical Lightning V3  (Read 17458 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [CRAFT] Tactical Lightning V3
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 03:22:22 pm »
:o That is some sexy craft!

Hopefully that will be rolled into fmp at some point!

*Scratch scratch* There's already a modified Lightning in the FMP, but on the other hand, this one is so crisp... Maybe I'll take the Tactical Lightning and modify it a little to make it look more like the current model? Would this be okay?

Offline x60mmx

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 08:59:24 pm »
*Scratch scratch* There's already a modified Lightning in the FMP, but on the other hand, this one is so crisp... Maybe I'll take the Tactical Lightning and modify it a little to make it look more like the current model? Would this be okay?

Knock yourself out, just be aware that I am currently upgrading it's graphics with custom grav-lifts and whatnot so ya might wanna wait a bit. ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 07:49:36 am »
Knock yourself out, just be aware that I am currently upgrading it's graphics with custom grav-lifts and whatnot so ya might wanna wait a bit. ;)

Okay, can't wait to see it. :)

Offline x60mmx

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 07:20:25 am »
V4 is up for testing before I publish it on the portal.  Now has more custom graphics and animations and no longer uses U_WALL02 (shaving the MCD count down to 41), including fancy grav-lifts.  Mini-map view is matching now on all tiles and I cleaned up issues that were letting players see out of the ship through some corners and walk through one.  It also lights up the battlefield a bit more as well.

Assuming no one has any issues with it, I'll just need to update the ufopaedia image. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:06:04 am by x60mmx »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 03:42:21 pm »
Really like this mod and thought I wud tweak a wee bit with the deployment from:

deployment:
       - [4, 6, 1, 0]
       - [5, 6, 1, 0]
       - [4, 7, 1, 0]
       - [5, 7, 1, 0]
       - [3, 5, 1, 3]
       - [6, 5, 1, 5]
       - [3, 4, 1, 1]
       - [6, 4, 1, 7]

to this:

deployment:
       - [4, 4, 1, 0]
       - [5, 4, 1, 0]
       - [4, 5, 1, 0]
       - [5, 5, 1, 0]
       - [3, 6, 1, 5]
       - [6, 6, 1, 3]
       - [3, 3, 1, 7]
       - [6, 3, 1, 1]

However when I tested this out this revised deployment the game crashes with an error message of Openxcom failed to generate the map. My thinking behind this was that if u have a tank and 4 troops the tank is on the grav lift and the 4 troops r facing @ 90 degrees to each other on the other 4 1x1 lifts for a better range of vision. Any ideas on why this doesn't work? I'm using v3 of ur mod atm. Looking forward to v4.

Offline x60mmx

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 09:58:49 pm »
Your units can't deploy on top of grav-lifts, tried that :-/  I decided to overhaul more graphics and will update soon.

Offline Thirsk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 04:17:12 pm »
This will probably resurrect the dead but I really really love this craft, but somehow node 0 is acting up and is out of map boundaries..Tried to fix it myself and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Can anyone fix that faulty node by any chance?

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 07:16:59 am »
Aw. No download attachment here. That's bullcrap. :(

V4 is up for testing before I publish it on the portal.  Now has more custom graphics and animations and no longer uses U_WALL02 (shaving the MCD count down to 41), including fancy grav-lifts.  Mini-map view is matching now on all tiles and I cleaned up issues that were letting players see out of the ship through some corners and walk through one.  It also lights up the battlefield a bit more as well.

Assuming no one has any issues with it, I'll just need to update the ufopaedia image.
The last version I see attached to a post is this one, is there a later version that was on the Mod portal site?

This version of the Lightning looks pretty slick!