Author Topic: FREEDOM MOD Project. (no base mod)  (Read 2385 times)

Offline WarWeeD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
FREEDOM MOD Project. (no base mod)
« on: November 05, 2017, 10:55:25 pm »
Hi there. I want to start a disscussion about if the features of this mod are possible to create?
If it is, I would like ask for help to learn about how to do it and how many time would it takes me. (just code)
My english is so poor. sorry about that,

This mod should got 3 mainFeatures: "Dinamic Base Feature" "Mission Picker Feature",""Exploration Feature". The one I dont know if it is possible is the first. This mod is complete inspirated by the mod PirateZ by dioxine_

Description of the FREEDOM MOD

This wanderer mod is about to explore freedom and adventure. Not about duty. Not about doing repetitive missions. This should be about you, a stolen car and a world to explore full of opportunitis.
Players start as a random guy who stole a car and have complete freedom to choose whatever to do. Do a solo play, or find more crew mates, try to be good karma for example as bounty hunter or being a bounty to hunt. An allien hunter or mercenarry who works for alliens or just declare yourself enemy of all. Upgrade your aircraft or just steal one.

Main Features:

Wanderer Base Feature v0.50

Description:
The idea is to create a feature that allow you to play without base.. I dont want to remove base I think its so hard to do, I just want to trick it, just creating a "dinamic base" that simulate to be a your aircraft and takes values from where aircraft is landed. Depending on where u land, facilities would change, also market lists,research and manofacture.

Rules:
-Player can´t create a normal base.
-Aircraft works as movible base.
-Player can have only one aircraft at same time.

Virtual base Feature step by step:

-When aircraft take off
                       -Base becomes invisible
                       -Base loses values as buildings and trademarkt. just all dynamic values)
-While flying:
                       -No facilities
                       -There is not much you can do here but any very basic researchs

-Aircraft land(anchor):
                      -Base gets moved to where aircraft is.
                      -Base gets values and facilities depending on where aircraft is. (near a city)
                      -Base become visible again.
                      -Can only land on water if aircraft is able to do it.
-Mission ends:
                      -Move base to mission spot and auto-land ship.
                      (players can stay or move, but may be attacked if stay)

-While on mission spot:
                     -All items mission´s ground items would be placed on storage base.
                     -To loot you have to move items from storage to your ship before take off.
                     -Stay allow you to research anything on the map ground (storage) and special researchs
                     -When player leave mission´s spot all stuff that remain on storage/ground will be lost as u abandon it in the battle zone.
                     -If there is a functional ship on the mission you will be able to steal it.
                     -Before a mission is complete, police or allys from your enemys can appear to investigate what happened. Beter not to stay.

-Stealing ship:
                    -If there is a functional enemy´s ship on the map, it will be avaible in base.
                    -To steal a ship just change all stuff from one ship to the other one and take off to anywhere.
                    -You need to have enought pilots to pilot any specific ship
                    -You are not able to takeoff with any aircraft you havent researched before.
                    -You can spend time researching an aircraft before stealing it but its dangerous.
                    -Once you take off the ship that remains will be lost forever.

Static Bases:
                     -Dislabled, player can´t create base by itself

Refilling fuel:
                    -Everytime aircraft lands, it refill fuel from the aircraft storage.
                    -You can buy fuel depending on where u landed or steal it.

Camping mode:
                   -Every time you land on a place where there is nothing you can build special temporal facilities that allow you to do some extra basic actions.
                   -Constructing Temporal building consumes resources from ship storage
                   -Once you leave base, all temporal building will be recycled so you will have material to rebuild them again on another spot.
                   -Temporal building dosnt allow you to do as many things as proper facilities, so u still needing to visit ally´s bases, citys or another spots

Static Bases:
                   -Player can keep almost any place or "dynamic base" manufacturating the project "keep this base"
                   -If player take any important and usefull place as base, everybody will know it and attacked many times.
                   -Creating a static base will mean that the dynamic base will be put into next free slot and dynamic base will be reset.

MISSION PICKER FEATURE:

Description: This feature try to give freedom to player about what to do. Player only will lose if all crew dies and is able to pick their own missions instead to being forced to do missions all the time.

Ways player can look for mission.
-Research: Once on land, player can research many kinds of missions,for example "Raid city".Once done a "raid city mission" will apear not so far, simulating to be a nearby city. Only one research mission at same time. And will be not avaible again to research until you end the last research mission.
-Exploring: Flying around world will reveal nearby ships and places where u can start missions. (normal ufo and base system)
-Being attacked: You can get attacked while you are camped or anchored to any place,

EXPLORATION FEATURE

Description: This feature is about creating a new kind of "ship" or "mission spawn" Same as red cross (ufos) but in other color and that dosnt move. This feature is about giving many statics missions or events that make exploration worth it.

Rules about static missions:
-Only visible if you are close enought or you did spend some time exploring the area depending on your radar type.
-Not dettetctable by base Radar.

What kind of statics missions there would be?
-Farms, citys, industrial factorys, mansions, motels, road bars, fuel stations,accidents,special encounters, villages and many more.

Then lets talk about this...
¿It is possible to make a dinamic base that change facilities and others stuff depending on where you landed?
¿Is there any easy way to make invisible a base and visible again when anchor?
If it is possible, i´m seeking for advice. I dont know the source. ty.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:18:41 pm by WarWeeD »