aliens

Author Topic: Question regarding Terror Site mission occurrences  (Read 12573 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Question regarding Terror Site mission occurrences
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 03:43:04 pm »
The Terrainpack is up do date towards the newest mapscript and missionchanges. I am using it on my current testplay on the newest github code avaible.

The FMP is up to date too. Though I cannot guarantee anything if your campaign was played on different nightlies with significant changes.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 04:58:30 pm »
That could be the reason then, yeh? The only mod I am using w/open xcom + updated nightly's is FMP. And presumably, that terrain pack or even FMP itself hasn't been completely updated alongside the nightlys?

Just a little detail: the images you posted above actually show that you were not using the Terrain Pack during that game, since the Pack's additional cities are not displayed on Geoscape.

Also, I think this is not the only mod-breaking change in the last 2-4 weeks. Would be nice if somebody had the time to inform modders what needs to be updated... if nobody volunteers I will try to post it here (or in some other thread?) over the weekend...

Check this thread for Nightly Changes discussion.

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 06:59:45 pm »
Different nightlies, I've restarted my games, hence the two different campaigns I mentioned. Perhaps what was previously stated as something to do with no terror missions? It is true I never once see the pink marker applied/assigned which would enable the terror sites. The lack of being the cause within the ruleset, as to the cause within the coding somewhere?

Offline Xylon666Darkstar

• Captain
  • "With Doom, We Come."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 07:01:12 pm »
Just a little detail: the images you posted above actually show that you were not using the Terrain Pack during that game, since the Pack's additional cities are not displayed on Geoscape.

Check this thread for Nightly Changes discussion.

Isn't the terrain pack within the FMP mod? Having that enabled, should enable it, yeah? I don't see an additional option for it otherwise in the mod options.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 08:47:30 pm »
Isn't the terrain pack within the FMP mod? Having that enabled, should enable it, yeah? I don't see an additional option for it otherwise in the mod options.

I haven't checked the latest versions of the FMP, so either Solaris forgot to add the additional cities or they are in a separate ruleset.

Offline Atmus81

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 09:09:56 pm »
I was/am playing the latestest nightly  build with the terrain packs and a few other mods.

I too was having no terror missions in my play through.  towards the end of the game, i turned off "YetMoreUFOs" mod, and that fixed the problem.  i actually think the mod at this point messes up some other stuff as well but cant confirm (houses and grass were spawning inside some of the UFOs)

I turned on Luke's Extra ufos mod instead of "YetMoreUFOS" and that one seems to have no conflicts with the current nightly build it allowed me to do terror missions)

(The commendation/soldier stat diaries mod does not work at all, but doesnt seem to disrupt the game play in any way)

On a side and off topic note, i cant seem to break through the interior of UFOS with my plasma cannons as easily, sometimes it takes 6 shots, and my blaster launcher doesnt seem to destroy the walls inside the ufo as easily as it did in vanilla,  is this a byproduct of one of the mods or did they make this change on purpose in open xcom?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 09:35:49 pm »
As mentioned above by SupSuper, there were changes in the build "openxcom_git_master_2015_03_03_0153.zip", which break the mission-related mods.

I have fixed the vanilla missions in FMP 1.0 (infiltration, base, retaliation and terror site), so that we can have our terror sites back. Ruleset attached. Enjoy!

PS: I have NOT fixed the new missions added by FMP.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 09:38:14 pm »
I was/am playing the latestest nightly  build with the terrain packs and a few other mods.

I too was having no terror missions in my play through.  towards the end of the game, i turned off "YetMoreUFOs" mod, and that fixed the problem.  i actually think the mod at this point messes up some other stuff as well but cant confirm (houses and grass were spawning inside some of the UFOs)

I turned on Luke's Extra ufos mod instead of "YetMoreUFOS" and that one seems to have no conflicts with the current nightly build it allowed me to do terror missions)

(The commendation/soldier stat diaries mod does not work at all, but doesnt seem to disrupt the game play in any way)

On a side and off topic note, i cant seem to break through the interior of UFOS with my plasma cannons as easily, sometimes it takes 6 shots, and my blaster launcher doesnt seem to destroy the walls inside the ufo as easily as it did in vanilla,  is this a byproduct of one of the mods or did they make this change on purpose in open xcom?

Interesting to know!
LukeExtraUFO's only adds variant of vanilla UFO's and only contains UFO maps and a ruleset file with only map part.

I guess YetMoreUFO's is missing some of new settings which were introduced in the newest code in aliendeployments or something related to this. Or even worse a redefinition of the alienmissions. Gonna take a look.

Offline animal310

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 02:01:02 pm »
SOLAR'S NEW UFO'S  is also unfortunately causing this error.

--- posts merged ---

Ok this can be fixed by coping the relevant code from the Alien_Armour_Expanded 1.5b MOD.

17/10/2017

Issue now fixed on SOLAR'S NEW UFO'S download
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:38:24 pm by animal310 »