aliens

Author Topic: OSX: won't open  (Read 5443 times)

Offline SturdyPete

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
OSX: won't open
« on: November 18, 2011, 01:03:24 am »
not sure this is really a bug so posting here. I've put the XCOM data into the application as instructed in the readme, and the following error message "you cannot use this version of the application OpenXcom.app with this version of Mac OS X"

i can't find anywhere that states what version of OSX is required to run the program. I'm on leaopard (10.5.8). Any ideas?

big ups to those working on the project by the way :-)

Offline luciderous

• Colonel
  • There is no spoon...
    • View Profile
Re: OSX: won't open
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 08:36:12 am »
You need at least Snow Leopard (10.6) with x64 processor to run the game. There are sure to be more builds for different OSX versions and architectures when the game hits release, but not at this stage, which is a development preview anyway. Sorry.
Of course, if there are volunteers to build the code themselves for their specific needs - they are definitely welcome!

Offline SturdyPete

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OSX: won't open
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 11:12:04 am »
thanks marabus. It would be useful if that info was somewhere in the readme - although hopefully this thread will help others with the same problem.

If i ever manage to wangle enough free hard drive space on my computer to get xcode installed it'll be on my list of things to try.

thanks again  :D