Author Topic: [SUBMOD][CRAFT]Alternate Lightning - Thunder - Final Version 1.12  (Read 26524 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Alternate Lightning - Thunder

Download: mod.io

The file is also attached towards this post.

#Alternate Lightning - Thunder Mod by hellrazor

The THUNDER is a complete replacement for the rarely used LIGHTNING.
It has the same stats as it, with the exception of a Troop capacity of up to
18 Soldiers, it is also capable of bringing Tanks into combat.

Possible Loadouts:

- 18 Soldiers or

- 14 Soldiers + 1 Tank or

- 10 Soldiers + 2 Tanks.

Added:
- THUNDER.MCD
- THUNDER.PCK
- THUNDER.TAB

Which are renamed and patched Version of Lightning MCD file, so no one can complain about shitty Maps anymore :>

Fixed: Soldier Position in the Deployment
Modified: Primary spawn point slightly to allow Soldier to shoot out of the craft diagonally.

Some pictures see in attachments.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:21:07 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [CRAFT][WIP] Alternate Lightning
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:34:26 pm »
I am having some trouble with the Ruleset. SOLVED
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 06:43:44 am by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [CRAFT][WIP] Alternate Lightning
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 02:56:28 am »
Well i was working on this for a while.
And i decided to supply you with a screenshot from the THUNDER,
in action :>

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: [CRAFT] THUNDER the Alternate Lightning
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 01:03:31 pm »
The column between the two door-tiles looks rather... solid. how did the tank go through that? ;)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 01:28:49 pm »
The column between the two door-tiles looks rather... solid. how did the tank go through that? ;)

Now that you mention it. Can we do something about this?

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 03:39:46 pm »
Lovely mod except there was no routes file so my "temporary workaround" was to copy the original "lightning.rmp" and rename the copy as "thunder.rmp". Don't know if this will work in the long term as u can see from the screen shots. But on my limited testing the 4 pink columns don't appear to interfere with movement but just look out of place.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 04:53:54 pm »
Lovely mod except there was no routes file so my "temporary workaround" was to copy the original "lightning.rmp" and rename the copy as "thunder.rmp". Don't know if this will work in the long term as u can see from the screen shots. But on my limited testing the 4 pink columns don't appear to interfere with movement but just look out of place.

Well the Routes file i noticed myself. The Download-Version which is now linked has the THUNDER.RMP file in it.

What those columns are i have no clue, they do not show up in my Openxcom. Gonna check the map in any case.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 05:04:11 pm »

I just checked the Map in the Mapviewer and yes there were those columns on those field.
I removed them and uploaded the Version to the first Post of this thread. And also uploaded the fixed Version to the Mod portal.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:07:29 pm by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 05:53:45 pm »
That's great now, still have the 4 pink columns but that a very minor thing on graphical looks only so it's very playable atm.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 06:20:29 pm »
That's great now, still have the 4 pink columns but that a very minor thing on graphical looks only so it's very playable atm.

Did you try the new Files already? Those columns should be gone, i can't see them ingame.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 10:31:42 pm »
Well the nightly I'm using atm is the one from 2014-10-27 so maybe this is having an effect but I don't know. This was one of the last ones before all the map script changes came in. In future games I'll try a much more up to date build as I've been keeping all the nightlies I've downloaded back to 2014-03-02. However I'm more than happy with the way it plays atm and the columns don't really bother me. I also have 46 other mods running on this current game so if a few pink columns pop up inside the new Lightning (and no effect on movement) is the only conflict that I have I'll not over worry. Will keep a look out if u update your current version past 1.1.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 10:57:26 pm »
Well the nightly I'm using atm is the one from 2014-10-27 so maybe this is having an effect but I don't know. This was one of the last ones before all the map script changes came in. In future games I'll try a much more up to date build as I've been keeping all the nightlies I've downloaded back to 2014-03-02. However I'm more than happy with the way it plays atm and the columns don't really bother me. I also have 46 other mods running on this current game so if a few pink columns pop up inside the new Lightning (and no effect on movement) is the only conflict that I have I'll not over worry. Will keep a look out if u update your current version past 1.1.

Well i am useing the newest github code, i check daily if there are updates :D.
Btw here is another Screenshot from me, as you can see no columns there. Maybe it is of your relativ old Version or hte load of Mods you use i don't know.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 11:42:43 pm »
Thanks for all the work u've put in so far and I look forward to anything more in the future. Btw I've got the latest nightly of 2015-01-23 but I think some of the mods (which are quite old, June 2014) I enjoy cause probs or the whole nightly won't run with versions later than 2014-10-27. For example on some of the relatively current nightlies I kept getting an error message about the units height being 25. I think this issue has discussed widely so more than likely it is the older mods that are causing the problem.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 01:23:29 am »
I see two power source tiles. Won't they count as two captured power sources on debriefing ?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 01:24:49 am »
I see two power source tiles. Won't they count as two captured power sources on debriefing ?

Do they count on debriefings from the standard Lightning that has one?