aliens

Author Topic: Cerebrals - Causing Crash When Starting Mission I think  (Read 3861 times)

Offline thundyuk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Cerebrals - Causing Crash When Starting Mission I think
« on: January 17, 2015, 02:27:46 am »
Hi,

I've had a problem start around mid-game. I've fought Cerebrals a few times and never had an issue, but they built a base near me and I shot down a ton of UFOs. I tried to raid a UFO and when pressing OK on the equipment screen I got a CTD.

I tried a few more UFOs some were ok some crashed. When I assault the Cerebral built base it crashes on equipment screen.

So what I did was use text editor to alter the save game file and changed the base into a Floater base. Then it loads fine.

Any ideas? It's highly irritating.

Mods wise I've got LukesExtra UFOs, Gazers, Recycled Aline Collection, Mechtoids, Raven, Cover Alien, and HQ Sounds.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Cerebrals - Causing Crash When Starting Mission I think
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 06:57:10 am »
Hi,

I've had a problem start around mid-game. I've fought Cerebrals a few times and never had an issue, but they built a base near me and I shot down a ton of UFOs. I tried to raid a UFO and when pressing OK on the equipment screen I got a CTD.

I tried a few more UFOs some were ok some crashed. When I assault the Cerebral built base it crashes on equipment screen.

So what I did was use text editor to alter the save game file and changed the base into a Floater base. Then it loads fine.

Any ideas? It's highly irritating.

Mods wise I've got LukesExtra UFOs, Gazers, Recycled Aline Collection, Mechtoids, Raven, Cover Alien, and HQ Sounds.

Hello there and welcome :)

What version of OpenXcom are you using?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:58:50 am by Hobbes »

Offline thundyuk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 05:09:22 pm »
Hi,

On the main menu it states 1.0 and it was installed from openxcom-v1.0-win.exe

Thanks for the reply :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:36:43 pm »
Well, just tried the Recycled Alien Collection and it does crash when the game attempts to generate a mission with the Cereberal Larva Terrorists but I've got no idea of why that happens.

I suggest you post on the thread related to that mod and see if it's creator (Solaris Scorch) can help you out.

Offline thundyuk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 05:56:29 pm »
Thanks. I'll go post and link this topic in too :)

Offline thundyuk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »
Apparently in that thread some other person had the same issue and the author mentioned something about nightlies? Not sure what that is however :)