aliens

Author Topic: [WEAPON/ARMOR] SPACE MARINES  (Read 94584 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [WEAPON/ARMOR] SPACE MARINES
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2016, 02:24:11 pm »
sure man do as you please!

Does anyone know where to get the terrain and different glob pack solo, to get more terrain variety for this mod, i see there are some terrain mod but they are merged with other mods! and i´m too old to learn more of the process of globe and terrain forming

Your best bet is contacting Hobbes on his Area 51 mod thread. He is the leading terrain maker of the community and he's also quite helpful.

I also played with terrains to a degree, but I've never tried editing globe textures.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2016, 05:12:52 pm »
thks , anyway i started using terrain pack 3.7 , removed some map that aren´t with the feeling of 40k  some minor teeks and we are good to go ... need some gothic ruins maps to replace farm

anyway melta party everyone on the new space hulk map entrance

Dioxine i need your help , i´m trying to put space hulk mission to work during campaign like artifact site on xcom 2 but dosent seens to apear

on the alienmissions (where must be the problem)

- type: STR_ALIEN_ARTIFACT
    objective: 3
    spawnZone: 0 #Mission zone for terror missions
    raceWeights:
      0:
        STR_GENE: 100
    waves:
      - ufo: STR_ARTIFACT_SITE_P1 # spawn this site directly
        count: 1
        trajectory: P10
        timer: 0
        objective: true      

And in aliendeployments
    width: 50
    length: 50
    height: 4
    terrains:
      - HULK
    script: ARTIFACT_P1
    nextStage: STR_ARTIFACT_SITE_P2
    briefing:
      title: STR_ALIEN_CONTACT_SITE_MISSION
      palette: 4
      music: gmenbase
    alert: STR_ALIEN_ACTIVITY_DETECTED
    alertBackground: BACK03.SCR
    markerName: STR_ARTIFACT_SITE
    duration: [4, 10]
    despawnPenalty: 2000
    objectiveFailed: [STR_ALIEN_SYNOMIUM_DEVICE_FAILED, -750]

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2016, 07:14:33 pm »
You'll also need it defined in MissionScripts, methinks. Upload the newest version and I will take a look at it when my time allows. The thing is easy to make it work, just needs some proper incantations it took me awhile to learn :)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2016, 11:22:51 pm »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2016, 04:28:06 pm »
Thank you. A quick tip: if you put it into normal alien mission roster (under "regions"), it won't ever spawn unless you start a new game, since it's a list that is filled at the game start.

You could try deleting space hulk mission from your regions and adding this instead (in missionScripts); it will guarantee the mission will be spawned even in ongoing campaigns:
Code: [Select]
  - type: SpaceHulk
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_ALIEN_ARTIFACT: 100
    executionOdds: 100 #chance to spawn this mission each month, in percents
    firstMonth: 0 #first month the mission is rolled for to appear
    useTable: false #is this a specific mission, or does the script take missions from the 'regions' list
    startDelay: 120 #base delay from the start of the month in minutes

Also, you can try changing spawnZone to 3, and timer to some safe, non-zero value, like 1000 (I had problems with 0 timers in the past). If this all doesn't work, I'll check it more thoroughly.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2016, 06:05:20 pm »
Thank you. A quick tip: if you put it into normal alien mission roster (under "regions"), it won't ever spawn unless you start a new game, since it's a list that is filled at the game start.

The roster gets refilled once all the entries on the mission table are used, so those new missions can spawn on an existing campaign (although it might take a while)

Also, you can try changing spawnZone to 3, and timer to some safe, non-zero value, like 1000 (I had problems with 0 timers in the past). If this all doesn't work, I'll check it more thoroughly.

If you change the spawnZone to 3, then the region where the mission takes place requires at least one entry on the missionZone 3 field, otherwise it will never spawn.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2016, 11:57:05 am »
Region is undefined in this case, so the mission will be using default regions. This also means it won't spawn the proper terrain...

In general, I advise to analyze how it's done in Piratez. First, you define your mission region, eg.:

- type: REGION_MONSTER_HUNT_MEGASCORPION
    missionZones:
      -
        - [356, 356, -23, -23, -100]
        - [6.13, 6.13, -30.6, -30.6, -100]
        - [13.71, 13.71, -26.76, -26.76, -100]
        - [27, 27, -21, -21, -100]
        - [40.24, 40.24, -25, -25, -100]
        - [20, 20, 24, 24, -100]
        - [20.84, 20.84, 27.42, 27.42, -100]
        - [48.5, 48.5, -9.2, -9.2, -100]
        - [255, 255, -32, -32, -100]
        - [249, 249, -32.5, -32.5, -100]
        - [244, 244, -40, -40, -100]
        - [292, 292, 41, 41, -100]
        - [72, 72, -25, -25, -100]
        - [63, 63, -33, -33, -100]
        - [35, 35, -28.55, -28.55, -100]
        - [49.269, 49.269, -26.88, -26.88, -100]

This specific region requires spawnZone: 0, since only the first block of coordinates is defined. Also -100 is arbitrary, any negative value other than -1 (already used for normal Terrors) will do.

Next, you need to define that -100 texture. Texture links to desired alienDeployment, which, in turn, liks to desired terrains (which I presume you have):

- id: -100
      deployments:
        STR_LOC_MONSTER_HUNT_MEGASCORPION: 100

Finally, you need to tell the mission script to use your terrain, in this example:
  - type: monsterHunt1
    firstMonth: 0
    lastMonth: 15
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_LOC_MONSTER_HUNT_MEGASCORPION: 100
    regionWeights:
      0:
        REGION_MONSTER_HUNT_MEGASCORPION: 100
    useTable: false
    researchTriggers:
      STR_MONSTER_HUNT: true
    executionOdds: 75
    startDelay: 8000

As you can see, this one links to proper mission, proper region, and (which you might not need) is time-constrained and blocked by a research.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2016, 01:26:28 am »
well i got to say it didn´t work, but your are speeaking to advanced to me, and i also didn´t start a new campaign i´m too advanced to restart now , also prompt a bug on a terror site, dunno if was mappack incompatibity , but got around it by removing  that terror misson from aliens on save ruleset, dunno was my first bug  :'(

Anyway added new stuff to trade in manufacture from corpses of foes , master crafted weapons like in chaos gate

The bug

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2016, 12:11:25 am »
Currently playing a game of "40k" but the game crashes if I try to do any enemy bases(tested on debug mode). I tried turning off all mods but 40k but still crashes with a fatal error-see attached. All you have to do is go to either enemy base 1 or 2, debug and end turn.

Offline REDACTED_KUN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2016, 12:49:13 am »
I think i want to try this mod out because this mod is related WH 40k (Not WH Fantasy/AoS. I still liked both WH Fantasy/AoS and WH 40k).

But the mods i always use is XOps' Xeno Operations Mod or Solarius Scorch's Final Mod Pack.

I really can't wait for a full version of this mod with no bugs and glitches.

EDIT:
Oh yeah. This thread is made by Ryskeliini.

Ryskeliini is not online.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2016, 02:23:27 am »
Currently playing a game of "40k" but the game crashes if I try to do any enemy bases(tested on debug mode). I tried turning off all mods but 40k but still crashes with a fatal error-see attached. All you have to do is go to either enemy base 1 or 2, debug and end turn.

Hi i´m currently testing and balancing all the issues, there is a bug in alien base assault that i just got up to date (misspelling on a part so it had a crash that i fixed on rulleset), remember you have to got the extender, and i don´t play with any other mods so it just the change of sprites in the original game, the extender its just to attach auxiliary weapons, and other basic stuff like building function and craft weapons so it can´t crash if you have all up to date and have no other mods, still i´m trying to detect where it can have problems by playing the game myself.
Also played your saved game work´s perfectly ( but accuses different  mods you play , the inventory for one) , i have none (only map pack witch i´m testing with)

Ill put the version up to date
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiIa3lzbnVTOXhwTEE

Attention this version is much more hardcore , (dread´s wont fire in previous one)
Lascannon is for veicules , so new lascannon and weapons, and ballacing so armor comes quick , codex now shows enemy stats so you know what weapons are more effective
Lot´s of new stuff and correction´s

I´m currently trying to get more maps and mission so there some bugs ahead i still need to fix, and i know it sucks because with changes with the mod some  game already in progress can became bugeed

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2016, 01:43:57 am »
The Master Craft weapons

with Nurgle plague bearer

Offline REDACTED_KUN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2016, 01:59:50 am »
Ah yes! The nurgle guys are here. ^_^

Can't wait for a full version of the mod.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2016, 12:05:53 am »
I've noticed in my current game that when I produce "tome of the mind" aka psi amp, they are made immediately, cost no money and are no where to be found in base stores. Am I missing something or is this a glitch? It's actually refreshing to not abuse psi as I only recently tried to produce them in the month of November. Also I noticed that when you access the "ufopedia" page on psi amp the game crashes with signal 11 fatal error. Have you any plans to complete the ufopedia page entries on some things-see attached save for further details, examples given in second and third pictures.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2016, 11:47:31 am »
New update all weapons have to destroy armor except AP weapons to kill a soldier , no more terminatores and space marine armor kills in one shot... that was kind of crumy
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiIa3lzbnVTOXhwTEE

Yes Simon you have some bug or other mod on top of space marine, i have on the rulleset
manufacture:
  - delete: STR_MEDI_KIT
  - delete: STR_PSI_AMP

so that medic and psi came from librarian and apot, and yes i´m almost done with the ufopedia, like i said i´m playing it and correcting it as a move along