Author Topic: [WEAPON/ARMOR] SPACE MARINES  (Read 93618 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [WEAPON/ARMOR] SPACE MARINES
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2016, 11:58:50 am »
So, Cooper is making a new planet:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4163.msg63827.html#msg63827

Since this mod is supposed to be on another planet too, maybe you could somehow join forces?

Offline Kayosetsu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2016, 10:57:13 am »
The game crashes every time I go to intercept a terror attack. I assume it's because I probably installed the mod wrong but I think everything is in the right place. Help please?

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2016, 11:55:18 am »
The mod does not work properly for me either, I think it still is too much in an "alpha-state" atm. Which is a shame as this one really has some great artwork.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2016, 12:53:46 pm »
Idk, works for me w/o any trouble... You need to use OXCE+, you know that?

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2016, 04:22:43 pm »
Yes, but what e.g. about the apothecary it has -4127 TUs. And other things like Plasma clips being STR_ALIENS_ONLY even if you need them for ammo etc etc. I'll wait for an update.  :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2016, 04:02:07 am »
Notice that Apothecary reduces your Strenght by 40. You need a 45+ strength soldier to wear it (and not get bugged TUs). Also make sure you get the right clips for your plasmas, many clips share the same gfx (wow, you managed to go pretty far... I didn't unlock plasmas before flying over 100 missions). Unless you wanted to use Chaos plasma guns - well, nope. Can't do that.

Offline Kayosetsu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2016, 08:08:07 am »
Yeah turned out that I didn't have OXCE. I overlooked that part.

Thanks for the heads up about the Apothecary Armor bit too!

--- posts merged ---

How do I edit the stat increases of the different sets of power armor? I want to make the MK7 Power armor provide increases in strength and such but when I make the changes in the rulesets it doesn't do anything. Is there something else I'm supposed to edit? Because I can't find anywhere else.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Had the rulesets in two different places and I was editing the wrong one.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:57:54 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2016, 01:21:04 pm »
Notice that Apothecary reduces your Strenght by 40. You need a 45+ strength soldier to wear it (and not get bugged TUs). Also make sure you get the right clips for your plasmas, many clips share the same gfx (wow, you managed to go pretty far... I didn't unlock plasmas before flying over 100 missions). Unless you wanted to use Chaos plasma guns - well, nope. Can't do that.

:-[ ::) I have to admit i discovered that by using the Battle Generator AND by taking a look at the rul-files.... not by playing the mod....  :D
IIRC the terran/space marine plasma weapons use the alien/chaos clips and those have a requirement of STR_ALIENS_ONLY which makes them unusable.
However, I am too busy playing XPiratez atm, I stopped and deleted all other ongoing campaigns for the time being, so I don't really know for sure.

The chaos UFOs look great.  8)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2016, 07:13:19 pm »
Well, the part about Apothecary was more a common sense than actually playing - I researched it early, looked at the stats and concluded that allowing a soldier to have a negative Str score is a Very Bad Idea. So I've never actually equipped it on anyone below 45 str (since the medkit weighs 5). WHICH TOOK SOME TIME :) But I love how having a weapon and having a soldier good enough to actually use it are two very different things in this mod.
Also, yay for meltas.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2016, 10:28:20 pm »
hi everyone, i have been busy, been gone for a while, but im kind of back..

The main reason the power armor has strength handicap like dioxine said is to force soldier to wear armor to correspond to the gear ex: only devastator can use heavy weapon, etc...
Also a new planet is a kool idea, but i know nothing on that department, if someone wishes to give it to the mod will try implement those ruleset

I got new stuff to introduce to the mod, but need to completed and perfected
A new space hulk mission with some genesteallers (need to make a new 2x2 genestealler, also a terrain entrance for space hulk mission )

Currepted ground entrance for alien base assault (needs more chaos symbols and bones around)

Made other teaks and corrections as i play the game... Also added a new facility and new graphic for the graphs set

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2016, 08:12:18 pm »
Some contributions to the project:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:15:04 pm by Dioxine »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2016, 07:25:05 pm »
Thks Dioxine, my shotgun was kind of crumy! 

Anyway already update the file it with your shotgun ! left the old one in the file if you wanna see the one i made haha
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiIa3lzbnVTOXhwTEE the same share link

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2016, 08:37:03 pm »
 Carnifex to crawl in the space hulk , and chaos base elements

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2016, 10:31:59 am »
That's so cool.

Hey, can I recolour it black and use as Chryssalid Queen? Can I? 8)

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2016, 01:41:27 pm »
sure man do as you please!

Does anyone know where to get the terrain and different glob pack solo, to get more terrain variety for this mod, i see there are some terrain mod but they are merged with other mods! and i´m too old to learn more of the process of globe and terrain forming