Author Topic: Bug report #858 - alien not draw on battlescape  (Read 3200 times)

Offline alienfood

• Captain
  • It's people!
    • View Profile
Bug report #858 - alien not draw on battlescape
« on: January 02, 2015, 03:20:31 pm »
Sorry for posting the attachment here, like a scrub I opened the defect as a guest and now I cant do anything with it.

Anyway, not a serious calamity, as defects go, but I thought you would like to know.

Here is the save (saved immediately after the sectoid became visible). I had just killed an alien at the window and had knocked down 3 wall tiles doing so.

Offline alienfood

• Captain
  • It's people!
    • View Profile
Re: Bug report #858 - alien not draw on battlescape
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:35:08 pm »
I'm thinking that the game probably did the right thing.

Let's say the soldier I had selected could not see the second alien. But he kills the first alien and opens up the wall. A different soldier, say, on the ramp, CAN now see the second alien. The game pops the glowing "1" but does not draw the alien because I am viewing from the perspective of the first soldier. When I toggle to the second soldier, the alien is drawn.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 08:54:32 pm »
does this more or less represent the situation before firing? can you please put all the soldiers in the right places if not?

Offline alienfood

• Captain
  • It's people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 03:46:07 am »
That looks like it.

I am currently running git 2015-01-02. I could not get the behavior I thought I saw so I put 2014-11-29 back and same thing. Let's close this and generously call it "unreproducible". It was a minor point anyway.

Thanks for your thoroughness and attention.