Author Topic: [Total Conversion][WIP] oXc - War of Shadows v0.92  (Read 70442 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: [Total Conversion][WIP] oXc - War of Shadows
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2018, 06:56:53 pm »
I hope everyone likes the walk through wall glitch

What is that UFO?

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2018, 11:50:51 pm »
I'm curious too :o

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2018, 01:57:16 am »
What is that UFO?
Its from Dune mod.

Here is an image of bug I encountered. No biggie, its just that corpse of soldier in flying suit won't show up and the game crashes.
Love the mod, I hope more content is coming.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2019, 03:21:45 am »
Finally posted this mod since I'm not sure anyone really ever saw it. It may have bugs. I will fix if I can, and can find the time. I'm happy to have help in this area as well.

https://openxcom.mod.io/war-of-shadows

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2019, 04:27:22 am »
Finally posted this mod since I'm not sure anyone really ever saw it. It may have bugs. I will fix if I can, and can find the time. I'm happy to have help in this area as well.

I'm so happy that this mod came back to life. Is truly awesome.  ;D

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2019, 04:53:58 am »
Not sure it every really died, I just never got around to posting it. I know it will crash in some cases, there's a map conflict with one of my ships and water tiles in the arctic. I sort of ran out of steam around that point, and didn't know enough about the new map system to fix it.   :) anyhow I am still around, and finally finished my 4th play through of long war 2 so I seem to have finally broken it's hold on me. Of course I just started DMing a D&D 5th edition game. My first in 20+ years, so that's taking up a lot of head space. It's possible there's other bugs around the tech tree as I wasn't super tidy when I wrote it, and everything kind of had to be in a monolithic file at the time to work correctly.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2019, 05:06:39 am »
I know it will crash in some cases, there's a map conflict with one of my ships and water tiles in the arctic.

What's the issue exactly?

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2019, 04:29:58 pm »
It's been a while since i was looking at it, but on arctic tiles with water the map would generate and the placement of the player vehicles would crash since it can't be on a water tile. Specifically the "Mantis" was the one I was using at the time, but I suspect the "broadsword" would crash as well as it's quite large.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2019, 05:09:43 pm »
It's been a while since i was looking at it, but on arctic tiles with water the map would generate and the placement of the player vehicles would crash since it can't be on a water tile. Specifically the "Mantis" was the one I was using at the time, but I suspect the "broadsword" would crash as well as it's quite large.

This doesn't make sense. The only thing that defines a 'water' tile is an impassable tile that looks like water, there's no special tile property called 'water'.

Also, you're using the vanilla script, so the game will use the map blocks already defined for placing craft/UFOs (POLAR00-02). POLAR00 has a single 'water' tile, but since it is used for vanilla craft, it shouldn't crash at all.

Offline jackstraw2323

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2019, 08:46:23 pm »
well yes it's been a long time since I worked on this. I suppose it is the impassable tile that looks like water, but you could fly over it and shoot through it. It's possible I was wrong about what caused it, but based on my foggy memory that was the issue. It didn't happen every time, just when the impassable tiles were placed in such a way that there wasn't enough room for the craft.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Total Conversion][WIP] oXc - War of Shadows v0.92
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2019, 03:34:43 pm »

I've updated the ruleset to run on the latest nightly, attached.

Can you please update the mod portal? (and the first post)

misterx

« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2020, 02:47:33 pm »
Nice that disruptor thing

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2022, 04:27:22 am »
Good morning.

I would just like to make a request. I know that it's been years since you last worked on this mod, but if it's not too much trouble, may I please ask if you could make it run on the latest OXCE? Here are some of the important info I found in the log when I tried to run this mod.

[11-04-2022_09-27-51]   [ERROR]   During linking rulesets of armors:
Error processing 'JAEGER_ARMOR' in armors: Item STR_JAEGER_CORPSE not found
Error processing 'JAEGER_ARMOR2' in armors: Item STR_JAEGERII_CORPSE not found
Error for 'STR_ALLOY_ARMOR_UC': The first battle corpse item must be of item type 'corpse' (battleType: 11)
Error for 'STR_ANTI_GRAV_ARMOR_UC': The first battle corpse item must be of item type 'corpse' (battleType: 11)
Error for 'STR_ANTI_PSI_ARMOR_UC': The first battle corpse item must be of item type 'corpse' (battleType: 11)
Error for 'STR_FLYING_SUIT_UC': The first battle corpse item must be of item type 'corpse' (battleType: 11)
Error for 'STR_HEAVY_POWER_ARMOR_UC': The first battle corpse item must be of item type 'corpse' (battleType: 11)
Error for 'STR_ORGANIC_ARMOR_UC': The first battle corpse item must be of item type 'corpse' (battleType: 11)
Error for 'STR_POWER_SUIT_UC': The first battle corpse item must be of item type 'corpse' (battleType: 11)