Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663337 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [EXE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1035 on: November 20, 2016, 07:48:27 pm »
And in some future I will add option for grenades exploding in inventory.
queue XComFiles crazy mission where there is an explosive set for 25 turns somewhere on the map, with enough power and radius to raze the whole place, which you must find and throw in a deep, deep hole somewhere on the map to save everyone. :D

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 21, 2016, 02:47:21 pm »
You do not updated data folder.

Thank you. I lag behind a bit of life. :)

Could explain respected professionals, what are the default values for the damage to ground facilities to all types of damage? I'm trying to maneuver parameter "damageAlter: - ToTile:", but it is impossible to balance properly, because they do not know the original values. Could you in the next version, in the Readme.txt, specify the values for the damage on the ground?

Spoiler:
Спасибо. Отстал я от жизни немного. :)

Не могли бы пояснить, уважаемые профессионалы, каковы значения по умолчанию для урона по объектам местности, для всех типов урона? Я пытаюсь маневрировать параметром "damageAlter: - ToTile:", но не получается сбалансировать нормально, ибо не знаю исходных значений. Не могли бы вы в следующей версии, в Readme.txt, указать эти значения для урона по местности?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 22, 2016, 01:12:38 am »
Thank you. I lag behind a bit of life. :)

Could explain respected professionals, what are the default values for the damage to ground facilities to all types of damage? I'm trying to maneuver parameter "damageAlter: - ToTile:", but it is impossible to balance properly, because they do not know the original values. Could you in the next version, in the Readme.txt, specify the values for the damage on the ground?

Spoiler:
Спасибо. Отстал я от жизни немного. :)

Не могли бы пояснить, уважаемые профессионалы, каковы значения по умолчанию для урона по объектам местности, для всех типов урона? Я пытаюсь маневрировать параметром "damageAlter: - ToTile:", но не получается сбалансировать нормально, ибо не знаю исходных значений. Не могли бы вы в следующей версии, в Readme.txt, указать эти значения для урона по местности?

0.5 is default for most of damage types. Stun, and other that do not do damage to tiles have 0.
Adding this info to readme is indeed good idea.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 23, 2016, 10:37:47 pm »
Thanks, it works. Great feature!

From option '-1', I expected that grenades would explode even in hand or inventory, when time is up. Would be a nice feature for those demolition charges.

There is no option, which mimicks the 'instant grenade' effect (instant explosion after throw), right?

Although it would be nice to force it, there is a game option that allows for grenades to explode immediately if set to 0 Turns fuse. You could combine this with just giving the grenade a fuse of only 0 Turns.

Over in XPirates the way it was usually done was making grenade items that are actually a Hand Weapon (like a gun) but with 1 shot internal magazine, and Arcing behavior like the deep one. So when you throw it, it expends itself, and it flies like a projectile and then explodes when it hits. Also made it so that it trains throwing accuracy instead of firing accuracy, and the accuracy for the shot goes off of Throwing instead of Firing. Its not all that complicated but would generally be impossible without the added options here. (along with a custom projectile for the object being thrown, since it wont use a sprite for the flying arc, but some neat stuff can be done with this too)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 23, 2016, 10:43:14 pm »
Although it would be nice to force it, there is a game option that allows for grenades to explode immediately if set to 0 Turns fuse. You could combine this with just giving the grenade a fuse of only 0 Turns.

Over in XPirates the way it was usually done was making grenade items that are actually a Hand Weapon (like a gun) but with 1 shot internal magazine, and Arcing behavior like the deep one. So when you throw it, it expends itself, and it flies like a projectile and then explodes when it hits. Also made it so that it trains throwing accuracy instead of firing accuracy, and the accuracy for the shot goes off of Throwing instead of Firing. Its not all that complicated but would generally be impossible without the added options here. (along with a custom projectile for the object being thrown, since it wont use a sprite for the flying arc, but some neat stuff can be done with this too)
"-1" is default behavior. "-2" is instant grenade.
And in some future I will add option for grenades exploding in inventory.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 24, 2016, 11:00:12 pm »
Bugreport for OXCE 3.5:

This will CTD for some missions (e.g. TFTD ship terror):
https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/OpenXcomExtended/src/Savegame/AlienMission.cpp#L185

PirateZ has lots of such missions...

In vanilla, this is taken care of separately:
https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Savegame/AlienMission.cpp#L186

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 24, 2016, 11:25:02 pm »
Bugreport for OXCE 3.5:

This will CTD for some missions (e.g. TFTD ship terror):
https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/OpenXcomExtended/src/Savegame/AlienMission.cpp#L185

PirateZ has lots of such missions...

In vanilla, this is taken care of separately:
https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Savegame/AlienMission.cpp#L186
Fix is remove `true` from `getDeployment`. This option is for early caching bugs with missing data. In that case I wrongly assume that this data was required.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 26, 2016, 11:44:01 am »
Is there an easy way to turn on the vanilla lighting?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 26, 2016, 02:02:59 pm »
Is there an easy way to turn on the vanilla lighting?
Right now not, but what is a problem?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 26, 2016, 02:18:41 pm »
Right now not, but what is a problem?

Simple answer is, I just don't like it at all and want vanilla back.

I gave it a try in the last 2 months, playing piratez, and I like it even less than at the beginning. It's unnecessary and visually disturbing (for me). I guess some people like it, that's why I'm asking for an option, but I will definitely turn it off for me.

Also, now that we are back on nightlies, I would like to play some vanilla mods using oxce (e.g. Area51), which are not optimized for this kind of lighting... and throwing flares absolutely everywhere is a total fun-killer.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 26, 2016, 03:03:43 pm »

I gave it a try in the last 2 months, playing piratez, and I like it even less than at the beginning. It's unnecessary and visually disturbing (for me). I guess some people like it, that's why I'm asking for an option, but I will definitely turn it off for me.

Also, now that we are back on nightlies, I would like to play some vanilla mods using oxce (e.g. Area51), which are not optimized for this kind of lighting... and throwing flares absolutely everywhere is a total fun-killer.
Ok, I will add option for that.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 26, 2016, 03:16:02 pm »
Thanks!

Also, testing 3.5, I found some funky unit animation.... not sure if it's because of OXC or OXCE, but it doesn't do this in 3.3.

Example here: https://youtu.be/vEJZsesymKA

Don't know how to describe it, hopefully it's visible enough.

EDIT: seems to be an issue with 2x2 units... tanks suffer similar effects
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:21:22 pm by Meridian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 26, 2016, 03:25:50 pm »
I will look on this too

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1048 on: November 26, 2016, 03:29:48 pm »

Wait, you mean you want transparent walls back? Or something else?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 26, 2016, 03:31:20 pm »
Wait, you mean you want transparent walls back?

Yes.

After trying both, I must say that vanilla lighting is better for me. Don't know how others feel... I might be the only one for all I know.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:34:18 pm by Meridian »