aliens

Author Topic: What is the diference???  (Read 4096 times)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
What is the diference???
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:23:39 am »
For psi power and psi skil???
What is rhe difference???

That is what makes each?

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: What is the diference???
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 02:33:41 am »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 04:01:20 am »
Psi Power (or strength) is an innate natural ability or inability built into soldiers.  You discover this after their first time in the Psi Lab.  It is what makes them vulnerable or resistant to Psi attacks.

Psi Skill is the ability to use that power.  It always starts out low, but will increase with training and active use of a Psi-amp on missions.  Its usually best to only have your soldiers with high Psi Power scores use the Psi amp and train up.

Offline Brian

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 05:37:49 am »
Psi-Strength cannot be improved.  Psi-Skill starts low and improves with use or training in the lab.
Your ability to resist alien Psi attacks is almost totally based on Psi-Strength.
Your ability to perform Psi attacks is based on your Psi-Strength multiplied by your Psi-Skill, so a soldier with 50 and 50 is much stronger than one with 80 and 20.

Since Psi-Strength cannot be improved, some Commanders believe that soldiers with low Psi-Strength should be identified and fired as soon as possible, before they are mind-controlled and shoot you in the back (and before you waste a lot of effort training them).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:40:18 am by Brian »

Offline KORfan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • KORfan's photos
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 02:05:02 am »
Since Psi-Strength cannot be improved, some Commanders believe that soldiers with low Psi-Strength should be identified and fired as soon as possible, before they are mind-controlled and shoot you in the back (and before you waste a lot of effort training them).

I think they're handy to keep around for assaulting that pesky Muton base or Battleship.  I don't get upset about the losses, and I preserve the troops who aren't jello heads.

Offline Mustang

• Sergeant
  • Megapol Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 09:41:51 pm »
There's also an option in the mod list to allow Psi strength to increase, which leads to a monthly potential increase in psi strength for all soldiers in training. I've seen anywhere from +0 to +14 from one month of training, but the strength doesn't increase in combat like skill does