Author Topic: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.997  (Read 155681 times)

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.997
« Reply #360 on: November 11, 2014, 10:13:55 am »
I need to downlaod the latest package King, I installed your ones but the plasma and laser tanks are still the vanilla ones and no more.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
« Reply #361 on: November 11, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »
At work currently, but I will do a clean install and run the research tree up.

Is this a new save?

Offline Infini

• Colonel
  • Alien French Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 11, 2014, 08:55:14 pm »
A mistake in the UFOPEDIA?
ET_FourthState_PlasmaWeaponsv1975.rul
Duplicate?

STR_HYPER_WAVE_ENCODER: Hyper Wave Encoder
STR_HYPER_WAVE_ENCODER_UFOPEDIA: With the encryption device captured from the alien base, researchers have broken the encryption used by enemy forces.  With additional research, a new facility for intercepting alien transmissions.

# Hyperwave
STR_HYPER_WAVE_ENCODER: Hyper Wave Encoder
STR_HYPER_WAVE_ENCODER_UFOPEDIA: This small device is part of the communication system at the alien base.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 11, 2014, 09:07:33 pm »
the rul files have a bunch of duplicates
in ET_Wolfram_GunpowerWeaponsv1996
in en-us: 
Spoiler:
['STR_IMP_LARGE_ROCKET', 'STR_ASSAULT_RIFLE_CLIP', 'STR_MGL_IMP_I_AMMO', 'STR_MAGNUM_AMMO', 'STR_IMP_MARKSMANS_RIFLE_CLIP', 'STR_APFSDS_ROCKET', 'STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_AMMO', 'STR_IMP_APFSDS_ROCKET', 'STR_MGL_IMP_HE_AMMO', 'STR_SAW_AP_AMMO', 'STR_IMP_SAW_AP_AMMO', 'STR_SMG_CLIP', 'STR_MGL_IMP_AP_AMMO', 'STR_IMP_INCENDIARY_ROCKET', 'STR_MGL_HE_AMMO', 'STR_MARKSMANS_RIFLE_CLIP', 'STR_IMP_SNIPER_RIFLE_AMMO', 'STR_MGL_AP_AMMO', 'STR_IMP_MAGNUM_AMMO', 'STR_SMALL_ROCKET', 'STR_MGL_I_AMMO', 'STR_IMP_SMG_CLIP', 'STR_IMP_SMALL_ROCKET', 'STR_IMP_ASSAULT_RIFLE_CLIP', 'STR_IMP_FIVE_SEVEN_PDW_CLIP', 'STR_FIVE_SEVEN_PDW_CLIP']
ET_FourthState_PlasmaWeaponsv1975
Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_HUMAN_HEAVY_PLASMA
    fireSound: 937
    fireSound: 18
in en-us:
'STR_HYPER_WAVE_ENCODER_UFOPEDIA', 'STR_HYPER_WAVE_ENCODER
in ET_C_HWP:
in en-us:
 ['AUX_HWP_IGLAUNCHER', 'STR_HWP_ILROCKET', 'STR_HWP_IHROCKET']
in
stuff like this
  - type: STR_KEVLAR_ARCTIC
    listOrder: 10510
    listOrder: 10499
also for STR_TACTICAL_ARCTIC STR_IMP_KEVLAR_ARCTIC STR_IMP_TACTICAL_ARCTIC

additionally
  - type: STR_CORPSE_TACTICAL_ARCTIC
    name: STR_CORPSE
    weight: 28
    bigSprite: 64
    floorSprite: 77
    invWidth: 2
    invHeight: 3
    armor: 30
    recover: false
# Enhanced Armor
  - type: STR_IMP_KEVLAR_ARCTIC
.. some values
  - type: STR_CORPSE_KEVLAR_ARCTIC
.. some values
  - type: STR_IMP_TACTICAL_ARCTIC
.. some values
  - type: STR_CORPSE_TACTICAL_ARCTIC
    name: STR_CORPSE
    weight: 28
    bigSprite: 64
    floorSprite: 77
    invWidth: 2
    invHeight: 3
    armor: 30
    recover: false
STR_CORPSE_TACTICAL_ARCTIC (and STR_CORPSE_KEVLAR_ARCTIC) exist twice in the list that is just a source of errors .. you change weight in the first occurence and its rewritten in the second one

similar problems in many of the other rulfiles :/
i would suggest to upload all here ( https://falkooxc2.pythonanywhere.com/rulcheck# -> multiple file ) and test them

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 11, 2014, 09:24:10 pm »
the rul files have a bunch of duplicates

It's confusing for me now to translate now.
I put a hold ont it.
We all need to relax and take it easy.

:)

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 11, 2014, 10:29:05 pm »
At work currently, but I will do a clean install and run the research tree up.

Is this a new save?

Nope, it's the same playthrough I already shared (albeit more into the lategame, of course).

But I actually haven't researched all the tech tree yet.....might be something like that?

ANyway I noticed that the Sniper Plasma Mags cost 3 elerium (or 33 Heavy shots) for FIVE shots...this seems a bit too much (even thou that 160 damage is zounds!)

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 12, 2014, 04:53:06 am »
**Wrong Thread**

Please ignore me being a stupid....(Typical Right? :P )

-HH
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:16:41 am by HelmetHair »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 12, 2014, 03:15:31 pm »
I am working on the 2.0 release, using Falkos tools to help.

Infini/5th Avenue watch this space, I will let you have at it before launch.

Thanks everyone

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 12, 2014, 03:56:00 pm »
Infini/5th Avenue watch this space, I will let you have at it before launch.

I'll be around. But release 2.0 if you wish. In fact, a lot of translation is already done. But with new stuff, sometimes, I need to figure out what is it exactly.
I'll send the full translation as fast as possible, and fix things later.

There's no hurry... we all need to RELAX.

:) :) :)

Edit: I did a spelling English mistake. My English is poor when I'm writing... :'(

;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 04:08:05 pm by 5thAvenue »

Offline Xanmyral

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 13, 2014, 07:24:39 am »
Some bugs and questions/opinions.

SpoilerBugs:
- Some slightly odd ordering with Alloyed shotgun shells, they're under SSL instead of shotgun. Maybe the enhanced shotgun goes there and they're actually under that? I haven't made any yet, so I'm unsure of that. I figure said shotguns would probably be by the regular shotguns though.
- Armor is slightly unordered under buying, but selling its in good order.
- Alloyed shells also cost an interesting amount to build compared to some other objects, I'm curious as to why is that. Its cheaper to make enhanced large rockets than eight alloyed shotgun shells. Was an extra zero added on there? They currently cost 3000 per.
- There was a research for IMP_TANK_CHASSIS (or something akin, I'm kicking myself for not taking a screenshot of it now), but it didn't unlock anything. Tanks are surprisingly durable enough though, I've had one take several point blank autoshots from plasma pistol wielding aliens with barely a scratch in health.
- On the note of tanks, the machine gun tank comes with free 40mm shots, which is slightly curious. It ate up the 200 shots, but I didn't have any 40mm shots for it to use.

SpoilerOpinions:
This section is more opinion than what I'd consider an actual bug, I'm more curious as to your input on this than action, if you have the time that is.

Accuracy seems a touch odd from play, lacking a bit of granularity in modifiers from range for a few weapons.
Machine pistols and submachine guns act fine, but weapons like the more two handed variety seem to have odd ranges I can't wrap my head around. Assault rifles can autoshot at max accuracy for surprising distances, sniper aimed shots don't lose that much when point blank (although a snap shot is always better there, which I consider good). Shotgun accuracy strikes me as weird at first due to it being so high, I used to use the shotgun mod by Warboy so I'm curious as to the differences there.

It also seems like that at times the jumps in accuracy from a block to another is surprisingly steep, or lacking at all is what I'm getting at I guess. Is this intentional, or might I have something messing with things? I have UFO Extender Accuracy on, so I don't know how that plays with (well or otherwise) your mod.

So far I've really been enjoying the mod and the options it brings to the table. I also love that tanks are actually useful, I was too used to them being useless that I didn't pick one up for a while until I was curious. Best 420,000 I've spent, honestly.

As a side note, I've edited the rulesheet for adding melee values to weapons (keeping the values as close to the original values for the type of weapon--with submachine guns (roughly in the middle of pistol-types and assault rifle-like types of weapons)) and accuracy (all base to 100% accuracy to make it actually worth an attempt, as they can miss unlike stunrods) being the only custom values--to accommodate for this mod, if anyone would like it I'd be more than happy to upload it.

EDIT: After playing around for a bit, I see what was throwing me off: weapons do have drop off, its just farther than I was used to and my engagements have been so far. Never mind the above then.

I'm not sure how helpful a save of mine would be, as its riddled with so many mods I'm not sure it may run without them. I've made sure they intersect with each other as little as possible though, though, so I don't believe they're contributing to the above. I could always be wrong though.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:46:18 am by Xanmyral »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 17, 2014, 03:33:48 am »

SpoilerBugs:
- Some slightly odd ordering with Alloyed shotgun shells, they're under SSL instead of shotgun. Maybe the enhanced shotgun goes there and they're actually under that? I haven't made any yet, so I'm unsure of that. I figure said shotguns would probably be by the regular shotguns though.
- Armor is slightly unordered under buying, but selling its in good order.
- Alloyed shells also cost an interesting amount to build compared to some other objects, I'm curious as to why is that. Its cheaper to make enhanced large rockets than eight alloyed shotgun shells. Was an extra zero added on there? They currently cost 3000 per.
- There was a research for IMP_TANK_CHASSIS (or something akin, I'm kicking myself for not taking a screenshot of it now), but it didn't unlock anything. Tanks are surprisingly durable enough though, I've had one take several point blank autoshots from plasma pistol wielding aliens with barely a scratch in health.
- On the note of tanks, the machine gun tank comes with free 40mm shots, which is slightly curious. It ate up the 200 shots, but I didn't have any 40mm shots for it to use.

1) Ugh, I'm doing a complete rework of the list orders for sell and ufopedia.  It's a big freaking mess right now.
2) Same as above
3) that's a bug. Going to fix now.
4) IMP_TANK_CHASSIS is required for building laser tanks, but I may have it wired up wrong.

SpoilerOpinions:
This section is more opinion than what I'd consider an actual bug, I'm more curious as to your input on this than action, if you have the time that is.

Accuracy seems a touch odd from play, lacking a bit of granularity in modifiers from range for a few weapons.
Machine pistols and submachine guns act fine, but weapons like the more two handed variety seem to have odd ranges I can't wrap my head around. Assault rifles can autoshot at max accuracy for surprising distances, sniper aimed shots don't lose that much when point blank (although a snap shot is always better there, which I consider good). Shotgun accuracy strikes me as weird at first due to it being so high, I used to use the shotgun mod by Warboy so I'm curious as to the differences there.

It also seems like that at times the jumps in accuracy from a block to another is surprisingly steep, or lacking at all is what I'm getting at I guess. Is this intentional, or might I have something messing with things? I have UFO Extender Accuracy on, so I don't know how that plays with (well or otherwise) your mod.

So far I've really been enjoying the mod and the options it brings to the table. I also love that tanks are actually useful, I was too used to them being useless that I didn't pick one up for a while until I was curious. Best 420,000 I've spent, honestly.

As a side note, I've edited the rulesheet for adding melee values to weapons (keeping the values as close to the original values for the type of weapon--with submachine guns (roughly in the middle of pistol-types and assault rifle-like types of weapons)) and accuracy (all base to 100% accuracy to make it actually worth an attempt, as they can miss unlike stunrods) being the only custom values--to accommodate for this mod, if anyone would like it I'd be more than happy to upload it.

EDIT: After playing around for a bit, I see what was throwing me off: weapons do have drop off, its just farther than I was used to and my engagements have been so far. Never mind the above then.

I'm not sure how helpful a save of mine would be, as its riddled with so many mods I'm not sure it may run without them. I've made sure they intersect with each other as little as possible though, though, so I don't believe they're contributing to the above. I could always be wrong though.

Thanks for the tips.  Yeah, the ranges are a little bunged up, since the maps are only 50x50 squares, so many of the ranges roll right off the maps.  But I'm basing the ranges on visual cues and weapon usage ranges.

Thanks for the bug reports and the opinions!

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 17, 2014, 03:41:52 am »

ANyway I noticed that the Sniper Plasma Mags cost 3 elerium (or 33 Heavy shots) for FIVE shots...this seems a bit too much (even thou that 160 damage is zounds!)

Gonna knock it down to 2.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 25, 2014, 12:14:06 am »
Well, after a week's or so hiatus, I finally developed the plasma dream team (for the sake of researching everything) and stormed Cydonia.

I'm a bit disappointed by the Panic system, I did NOT find the brain but it got destroyed by the many panicking Ethereals, I was almost 75% through the base (turn 15 or such If I remeber correctly) when all of a sudden I won during alien turn.

Ethereals panicked starting as soon as turn THREE when I dispatched 3 chrissalid total (one of 'em was my first trooper causalty), I've seen as much as three panicked blaster-wielders (which suicided along their guard) and countelss plasma bolts in the dark. I killed 4 unarmed Ethereals and one with a Blaster Launcher but at 0 TUs due to (I guess) panic.

I lost a whooping THREE soldiers so far to the final turn and one was due to a misguided Xcom blaster bomb which turned a corner to tight.... ::)

I don't know if you tweaked the Cydonia deployment against Vanilla, but this sure was the most panicked Ethereal army I met. Was it not for the Chrissalids (which are notably Blaster-bomb resistant to extreme extent) I woudl hve gone through unscathed.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 25, 2014, 11:03:06 pm »
The deployments of for Cydonia are untouched.

I'll examine it.

Got a big break coming up, going to attack 2.0

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 23, 2014, 04:39:31 pm »
Any updates on the latest?

-HH