Author Topic: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.997  (Read 155696 times)

Offline Infini

• Colonel
  • Alien French Translator
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.975
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 05:50:11 am »
I saw a black square.  It was the SMG or the Assault Rifle.  Don't remember exactly.  I was shooting inside a UFO.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 06:26:43 am »
I saw a black square.  It was the SMG or the Assault Rifle.  Don't remember exactly.  I was shooting inside a UFO.

By black square, do you mean a spare pixel, or is there a giant black rectangle

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 07:05:46 am »
In my case it was the assault rifle.

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 07:39:28 am »
By black square, do you mean a spare pixel, or is there a giant black rectangle

Half size of my soldier.

I'm still working on the french translation, improving it.  Nothing serious, some typos.

In the UFOPEDIA, no descriptions about the improved rockets?  For example, the new strenght?

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 10:24:39 pm »
Half size of my soldier.

I'm still working on the french translation, improving it.  Nothing serious, some typos.

In the UFOPEDIA, no descriptions about the improved rockets?  For example, the new strenght?

Unfortunately, none of the ammos have ufopedia options in the base game. But I've been eyeballing significant ufopedia changes proposed by either Diox or Solaris (can't find the thread now) to possibly put in those ammo descriptions.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 10:46:13 pm »
The absolutely incredible xeno ops mod has me feeling rather inadequate, so I might be devoting more time on the mod before the release. While much of the graphic were based around expanding the standard game's style.

I now may be devoting time to greatly improving the look of UI and gear, to match the balanced gameplay and sharp descriptions.

Also looking to expand capabilities provided for the gunpowder tier 0 weapons to the rest of the tiers, starting with a one shot laser along the lines of of a laser Single-Shot-Anti-Tank-Weapon.

...or should I get the 2.0 version out and worry about the above for a 2.5 version? This 2.5 version would have the above changes and then include the 'alien armory' mod as an alien tier 0.5 for them and then the particle weapons as a tier 1.0, all able to be used by humans, but at massive research cost. Also I'd add the new elite mutons, bezerker mutons and Outsiders(Zudjari).

Gonna have to keep the new ending storyline a secret, heh.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 11:42:27 pm »
The absolutely incredible xeno ops mod has me feeling rather inadequate, so I might be devoting more time on the mod before the release. While much of the graphic were based around expanding the standard game's style.

Kingmob you shouldn't feel as such...as you (may) know I'm play(testing) both, and I STILL love EQ a lot despite the graphical awesomeness of Xeno Ops.
EQ is more closer to the Xcom Feel than Xeno in my view, and I enjoed my Genius and (damn short!) Superhuman campaign GREATLY....the feeling I have that the weapons are "real" is still unsurpassed.

I can't speak of balance...I need to go through a complete campaign in both and I have only limited time.....but for sure I like the Soldier Loadouts I come up with in EQ..I strongly mean it.

I now may be devoting time to greatly improving the look of UI and gear, to match the balanced gameplay and sharp descriptions.

Also looking to expand capabilities provided for the gunpowder tier 0 weapons to the rest of the tiers, starting with a one shot laser along the lines of of a laser Single-Shot-Anti-Tank-Weapon.

I'm sure EQ will benefit GREATLY from this, pls go ahead...BUT:

...or should I get the 2.0 version out and worry about the above for a 2.5 version? This 2.5 version would have the above changes and then include the 'alien armory' mod as an alien tier 0.5 for them and then the particle weapons as a tier 1.0, all able to be used by humans, but at massive research cost. Also I'd add the new elite mutons, bezerker mutons and Outsiders(Zudjari).

Gonna have to keep the new ending storyline a secret, heh.

Give this priority, and throw in polishing as you see fit, but to me the next mileston is pushing out ET 2.0

By the way, pls have a look at armor repair (particularly the Grav Armors mod...that's the best done in there about this IMO)...once I had it I think it becomes *addictive*  ;D

Unfortunately, none of the ammos have ufopedia options in the base game. But I've been eyeballing significant ufopedia changes proposed by either Diox or Solaris (can't find the thread now) to possibly put in those ammo descriptions.

I'm fairly sure that -dioxine knows how to put the ammo itself in a dedicated page of the Pedia, you should seek his knowledge.

I'd like to say that Equal Terms had me really hooked. I'll post feedback as I will progress....expect a bothering Pkrcel  ;D ;D

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2014, 11:44:58 pm »
Take your time.

:)

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 06:39:22 am »
For now, I stick with v1.02
Extremely well done.
Impossible to play Xcom without it (I talk for myself). 

v2.0 ?  Well, it needs a lot of testings.  I'm not qualified I admit.

In your place, I'll go back to 1.02, balance it, add a little, balance it, etc.

But, it is not my mod, it's yours.

;)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 08:02:35 am »
For now, I stick with v1.02
Extremely well done.
Impossible to play Xcom without it (I talk for myself). 

v2.0 ?  Well, it needs a lot of testings.  I'm not qualified I admit.

In your place, I'll go back to 1.02, balance it, add a little, balance it, etc.

But, it is not my mod, it's yours.

;)

Well, what I released for 2.0 was a beta. I will be fixing and adding more before the release Sept 15.

Gonna concentrate on 2.0 and then start on 2.5

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2014, 05:28:05 pm »
Well, what I released for 2.0 was a beta. I will be fixing and adding more before the release Sept 15.

Gonna concentrate on 2.0 and then start on 2.5

I wish you good luck, sincerely.

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2014, 05:13:19 am »
Mod installed : just the latest version 0.975 Beta + PSX sound effects

When I put an improved grenade in my hand, there's a weird black spot.

See the screenshot.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2014, 06:01:19 am »
Mod installed : just the latest version 0.975 Beta + PSX sound effects

When I put an improved grenade in my hand, there's a weird black spot.

See the screenshot.

Interesting. I will investigate. Thank you so much for the bug checks.

Next version (1.977) will have:
1) bugfixes for black boxes
2) fixes for listorder weirdness
3) fixes for item weights
4) French Text by Infini (you, heh)
5) all new sounds for all laser and plasma weapons (getting some really nice sounds out of Native Instruments 'Massive')!!!
6) Further reworked interceptor weaponry.

Next major beta release will be 1.985, which will include a whole new layout for the ufopedia pages and info pages for all the ammunition.

Version 1.990 will have code for the Hyperwave Encoder/Decoder and incorporate aspects from Xeno Ops (the armor) and the 2x2 General Stores and 2x2 Living quarters (both hangar sized)

Final release 2.0 is still up in the air, need to decide a good cut off point.

Already working on the next bit, which is more suited to be called a 'DLC': Equal Terms: Retaliation

It will include: New aliens from other mods (Waspite and such) also Muton Elites and Zudjari from 'The Bureau' and new particle beam weaponry which the aliens will have at end game.

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2014, 06:13:01 am »
The French translation is still in progress here.
I'll send the latest version of my work to you with each new release, Beta or Official.
I don't want to bother you each time that I change something in the text, ridiculous.

Nice work your're doing.  Congratulations!

Let me see 0.977, heh ?  Want to translate new strings... and play after.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2014, 09:37:20 am »
Niiiiiice, keep up the good work!

I unfortunately wasn't able to reproduce the blackbox with the assult rifle.....I'll be on the look with screenshots.

Next major beta release will be 1.985, which will include a whole new layout for the ufopedia pages and info pages for all the ammunition.

Version 1.990 will have code for the Hyperwave Encoder/Decoder and incorporate aspects from Xeno Ops (the armor) and the 2x2 General Stores and 2x2 Living quarters (both hangar sized)

MAAAAN you rock! This made my day, I simply can't wait. (and I damn have not enuff time to play  >:( )