aliens

Author Topic: [WIP][Beta][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.997  (Read 155817 times)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
Re: [WIP][MegaMod]Equal Terms 2.0 - Beta 1.975
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 03:14:53 am »
I posted a not so horrifying bug earlier, It's an easy fix, but I'm not sure everybody would want to go through the ruleset and change your sniper rifle clips's listorder.  ;)

There are some list order issues that still nag my mod that I hope to clear up before release... thanks for finding that one!

Another that bothers me is the armor listorder placement

Offline Infini

• Colonel
  • Alien French Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 04:45:51 am »
The sniper rifle ammunition is found under the marksman rifle in the listorder rather than under the sniper rifle.

Everything is looking fine here.  Both screen, PURCHASE or SELL.
BUY one of each, save, reload, check again.
Or transfer the stock from your SkyRanger to your warehouses, check again.
 :)

The worst possibility: your save is corrupted...
I'm not an expert, I need new glasses or I'm wrong, or I need to see the weapon's window with the ammos ?

Translation done.  I did my best.
I didn't understand very well 1 part, in the "ET_FourthState_PlasmaWeaponsv1975 ruleset, # processes"     -   section.
The weapon is converted or it's the action to convert it?
Anyway.
I need to play, find the mistakes  and correct it.
Later, tired now.

P.S.  Sometimes, windows where to insert the words are so small.... but I found my way.  ;D (Let's hope! 98% for now)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:48:47 am by Infini »

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 04:54:01 am »
Another that bothers me is the armor listorder placement

Purchase screen: Light armor arctic, jungle, urban. Tactical armor urban, jungle, arctic
Sell Screen: Same listorder

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 05:39:09 am »
Everything is looking fine here.  Both screen, PURCHASE or SELL.
BUY one of each, save, reload, check again.
Or transfer the stock from your SkyRanger to your warehouses, check again.

The worst possibility: your save is corrupted...
I'm not an expert, I need new glasses or I'm wrong, or I need to see the weapon's window with the ammos ?

Translation done.  I did my best.
I didn't understand very well 1 part, in the "ET_FourthState_PlasmaWeaponsv1975 ruleset, # processes"     -   section.
The weapon is converted or it's the action to convert it?
Anyway.
I need to play, find the mistakes  and correct it.
Later, tired now.

P.S.  Sometimes, windows where to insert the words are so small.... but I found my way.  ;D (Let's hope! 98% for now)

The process converts plasma ammo to another ammo type

You did a great job in the past and my Francophone wife said you did a superlative job on the last project.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 08:19:03 am »
Due to pressing matters I've begun a new playthrough only yday night. Set up the squad for the first UFO recover......we'll see how it goes

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 04:43:28 pm »
I won't submit something that I don't enjoy myself.
For the armors and clips, I simply replaced the words "enhanced or improved" to just 1 character!.  This one: >

Clip...... >
Armor....>

Everything is supposed to fit in the windows, I hope.
In the game, it looks like a "full plain arrow".
It means, upgraded, enhanced, etc.

I had no choice. But I tell you frankly.
I want your Mod to be playable in French, and I'm open to any idea.
Most part is done, and if someone wants to improve what I did, nice!
It still a work in progress for me.

I hope that the French community in 2057 will enjoy OpenXcom with your Mod.

Say Tx to your wife.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:11:18 pm by Infini »

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 07:48:49 pm »
I'm able now to use the Debug option.
I found something weird.
I send a picture.
It's about the reinforced shotgun.  Armor Piercing Ammo 35x5 is a ....death corpse ?  :)

AND, just 1 correction in French to do (ET_Wolfram_GunpowerWeaponsv1995.rul), so everything will fit in the window.

STR_REINFORCED_SHOTGUN_UFOPEDIA  En utilisant les propriétés des alliages extraterrestres, ce fusil de chasse semi-automatique est doté d'un baril plus étroit et solide si on le compare à la version traditionnelle.  Cela lui permet de tirer des munitions à vitesse plus élevée.

That's it for now.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 01:58:35 am »
Man, I've been slapped hard and it's only 4th of January....

...by the way you changed the tech tre....I almost fainted when the FIRST floater greeted my sergeant with an Heavy Plasma.

.....and I went straight to the floor when I saw in the sell/sack screen that the ALIEN Heavy plasma (there were TWO) is worth a meager 40.000$  :o

THIS, is gonna be awesome.  8)

BTW, no bugs till now....only hassle is some of the listorders for rockets....the large and incendiary one are listed under sniper rifle...

EDIT: also...it's 4th of Jan and I've almost filled my TWO general stores.... :-\ those armors sure are bulky.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 03:36:44 am »
Man, I've been slapped hard and it's only 4th of January....

...by the way you changed the tech tre....I almost fainted when the FIRST floater greeted my sergeant with an Heavy Plasma.

.....and I went straight to the floor when I saw in the sell/sack screen that the ALIEN Heavy plasma (there were TWO) is worth a meager 40.000$  :o

THIS, is gonna be awesome.  8)

BTW, no bugs till now....only hassle is some of the listorders for rockets....the large and incendiary one are listed under sniper rifle...

EDIT: also...it's 4th of Jan and I've almost filled my TWO general stores.... :-\ those armors sure are bulky.

The conceit behind the lower priced alien weapons is that without the lockout defeated, they are just curios.

Ouch, the conventional armor shouldn't be taking that much space. Something else to fix along with the list order issues.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 03:32:17 pm »
The conceit behind the lower priced alien weapons is that without the lockout defeated, they are just curios.

Makes sense....from one point...less from the other...but given that a LIVE alien sells for 40-60-80k (IIRC)...one should live with that.

Ouch, the conventional armor shouldn't be taking that much space. Something else to fix along with the list order issues.

What should be its store size?

QUESTION: Do you think it would be possible to implement repairing of armors as in the Armor_Repair.rul file? (that takes care of standard armors). I thought I could look into it but maybe you didn't intend your mod to be played with armor repair

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 08:36:28 pm »
Makes sense....from one point...less from the other...but given that a LIVE alien sells for 40-60-80k (IIRC)...one should live with that.

What should be its store size?

QUESTION: Do you think it would be possible to implement repairing of armors as in the Armor_Repair.rul file? (that takes care of standard armors). I thought I could look into it but maybe you didn't intend your mod to be played with armor repair

Not sure on the store size but they should be smaller than personal armor.

Armor repair? I am unfamiliar. In any case, all the armors should be repairable.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 09:08:47 pm »
There's a mod floating around that allows to repair armors through manufacturing. Basically when  n armored soldier dies instead of losing the armor you automatically recover the "damaged" armor.

You can then manufacture a convenient "armor repair" which consumes the damaged one, some alloys, some money and of course engineering hrs.

The most advanced I think consume also a unit of elerium.... IIRC

EDIT: stupid autospellcheck went 'kid' instead of 'mod'.....

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:10:24 pm by pkrcel »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 12:10:53 am »
Repair should be okay.

Offline pkrcel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 12:25:25 am »
I'll look into it in the next future...I'm kind in a messed up time lately  :o

EDIT: seems some time has been freed.....I've been hadrly spanked by a early retaliation mission (base in Austria/Slovenia...more or less), those Cyberdisks are though!  :(

Well, that...and if that dang rookie didn't fire two large rockets into the back of his buddies of the foreguard..... >:( >:( >:(

And By the way, I'd add that this mission highlighted some problems, but somewhat random:

- some bullets are invisible, namely the Assalut Rifle's, the Sniper Rifles and the SSRL (was this last on also in ET 1.011?)
- sometimes when firing in the N-NE direction a black box (I suspect a fault handob) apperas behind the active trooper instead of proper gfx...couldn't take a screen because as soon as firing action ended the gfx were back to normal....Troppers (happeded to two of them)  were using assault rifle and wearing Arctic Kevlar.

The latter didn't happen in outdoor missions (only farms so far...you know it was like 7th of Jan  ::) ), while bullets were effectively gone since start of the game ( I didn't report before).

Cheers.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:57:22 am by pkrcel »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2014, 05:37:45 am »
I'll look into it in the next future...I'm kind in a messed up time lately  :o

EDIT: seems some time has been freed.....I've been hadrly spanked by a early retaliation mission (base in Austria/Slovenia...more or less), those Cyberdisks are though!  :(

Well, that...and if that dang rookie didn't fire two large rockets into the back of his buddies of the foreguard..... >:( >:( >:(

And By the way, I'd add that this mission highlighted some problems, but somewhat random:

- some bullets are invisible, namely the Assalut Rifle's, the Sniper Rifles and the SSRL (was this last on also in ET 1.011?)
- sometimes when firing in the N-NE direction a black box (I suspect a fault handob) apperas behind the active trooper instead of proper gfx...couldn't take a screen because as soon as firing action ended the gfx were back to normal....Troppers (happeded to two of them)  were using assault rifle and wearing Arctic Kevlar.

The latter didn't happen in outdoor missions (only farms so far...you know it was like 7th of Jan  ::) ), while bullets were effectively gone since start of the game ( I didn't report before).

Cheers.

Thanks for the bug reports. Can you see what weapon is causing the black square.

I'm also going to be adopting the armor from another mod for personal armor and better. I've always thought the personal armor and was weak and hated the power suit look with the fire of a thousand suns.

So expect new armor skins for everything better than conventional armor, and the other promised changes as well.