Author Topic: MODS & COMPATIBILITY ISSUES  (Read 5881 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
MODS & COMPATIBILITY ISSUES
« on: August 11, 2014, 03:43:51 pm »
I wanted as many mods as possible to keep the challenge level up but I seem to be running into problems, the main one is that the game crashes if I attempt to assault alien base 3 or 7 which are Calcinites. I've also noticed a few minor glitches such as the rocket launcher's image is a sniper rifle, APFSDS rockets and mind missiles come up as wrong type of ammunition. I never have been able to get the commendations mod working but have left it set @ yes to avoid the missing mods message when loading a game. All mods apart from the following have been set to yes (Aliens Pick Up Weapons, Armor Repair, Firestorm Gfx, Funding Rebalance, Jump Armor, Jumpsuit UP2, LukesDarkUFOs, Moriarty Armor, Radar Rebalance, Raven, Ryskeliinis Guns N Gadgets 1st Pack{which caused problems}, UFOextender Psionic Line Of Fire, XcomUtil Always Daytime, XcomUtil Always Nighttime, XcomUtil No Psionics, XcomUtil Starting Defensive Base and XcomUtil Statstrings). Also in all the time I've been playing I've never encountered Gazers, Anthropods, Mechtoids or the Muton Commander. Can anyone advise me please? Attached is a copy of my latest saved game file. Currently in the middle of a crashed battleship mission of "mixed heavy" aliens.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MODS & COMPATIBILITY ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 03:53:05 pm »
This isnt OXC problem, if two mods are incompatible is impossible to fix that on OXC side. If you want play big mod you should look for "aggregate" mods that merge multiple mods and fix all problems.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 03:54:57 pm »
my advice:

do not enable 131 mods!

sorry but getting all the mods taking a look at each mod and fixing this
you would have to pay someone to do that
but perhaps a good samaritan in this forum will do that for you

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 04:40:09 pm »
Man! I'm impressed that the game runs at all with so many mods!

Maybe you should try the "Final Mod Pack", which is one mod that was built using many and they were all checked for compatibility when integrated. That should provide the "highly modded" experience you are looking for.

Otherwise, you have to get into modding yourself and checking them, or get in contact with the people who developed the mods you are using.

As an aside, which operating system are you using? I have come to associate graphic bugs with Linux and Macs.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 06:02:59 pm »
I'm using Windows 7 with big enough specs to more than cover everything. Was really lookin forward to going up against Mechtoids as they remind of the sectoids out of "The Bureau", apart from the fact that sectoids aren't even worth doing a battle against except for supply ships. Was also looking forward to building a few Xcom Sectopods and Xcom Enforcers but anytime I encounter Ethereals there doesn't seem to be any Sectopods, only Cult members which go down far too easy. I've attached a copy of my dx diag report showing my specs so any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:24:48 pm »
Mod compatibility problems are not dependent on computer power. The trouble is that a lot of mods use existing elements of the game and change them to  achieve stuff. When two mods try to modify the same basic resource, trouble starts. Nothing you can do about it except
 a) try to find the conflicting mods, and disable either one or the other

or b) modify the mods to make them co-exist peacefully, which may or may not be a ton of work. It's not hard at all, modifying ruleset files is really easy, but finding the conflicts and finding workarounds can take some time.

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 02:21:10 am »
A few things:
1.  Don't download everything just because its downloadable.  It might be in progress.  Example:  Better Med Kit.
2.  Not all mods are created equal.  Some mods include too many elements that really aren't getting modded.  So it automatically conflicts with other mods.

niculinux

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 06:35:13 pm »
Calcinite is in terror from the deep, you meant its xcom conterpart,? right? (cannotvremember name now...)

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 06:53:05 pm »
FYI: if you use mods with TFTD based units you should use the nightly not version 1.0

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:51:28 pm »
Thanks to everyone for their advice, have decided to start a new game as the only thing left was the Cydonia mission which might have been too easy. With using the Final Mod Pack and being selective about which other mods to put on I've managed to reduce the massive 131 mods down by half. Also I'm going to run my new game of the latest nightly which atm is 2014-08-12 15:12. Just two points I would like to be clear on. Firstly with regards to  the CULT mod, is it possible to only activate it after you have done almost everything else as I found on the previous game that Sectopods never appeared with Ethereals which meant I couldn't build the Xcom versions of Sectopods. Secondly can you leave activating the ALIEN REMIX mod until later in the game as I found that having it on from the start limited the number of Cyberdiscs that appeared thus slowing my ability to build Xcom Cyberdiscs.

Offline MasterShizzle

• Squaddie
  • When a regular Shizzle just won't do.
    • View Profile
    • Campwide Games
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 12:51:52 am »
Thanks to everyone for their advice, have decided to start a new game as the only thing left was the Cydonia mission which might have been too easy. With using the Final Mod Pack and being selective about which other mods to put on I've managed to reduce the massive 131 mods down by half. Also I'm going to run my new game of the latest nightly which atm is 2014-08-12 15:12. Just two points I would like to be clear on. Firstly with regards to  the CULT mod, is it possible to only activate it after you have done almost everything else as I found on the previous game that Sectopods never appeared with Ethereals which meant I couldn't build the Xcom versions of Sectopods. Secondly can you leave activating the ALIEN REMIX mod until later in the game as I found that having it on from the start limited the number of Cyberdiscs that appeared thus slowing my ability to build Xcom Cyberdiscs.
Alien Remix may have just been bad luck on your part. My FIRST terror mission using that mod was Cyberdiscs and Silicoids, and discs showed up fairly often after that as well.

You should feel blessed. Try doing a Terror mission with 14 unarmored rookies trying to tickle a Silicoid to death with laser pistols, while Floaters and Cyberdiscs take potshots from 2 levels above you.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 01:52:19 am »
XcomUtil Always Daytime, XcomUtil Always Nighttime

You should only select one of these two since they are opposites of one another.

You should feel blessed. Try doing a Terror mission with 14 unarmored rookies trying to tickle a Silicoid to death with laser pistols, while Floaters and Cyberdiscs take potshots from 2 levels above you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Tip: High Explosives are your best friend if you are playing with the Alien Remix ;)