Author Topic: [MODDING CAPABILITIES] Load a folder of rulesets  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
[MODDING CAPABILITIES] Load a folder of rulesets
« on: August 09, 2014, 03:09:42 am »
It's always difficult to ask for any development, as there are many request, and above all, job done by dev team is absolutely marvellous !

Anyway, it would be nice to have the possibility to load :
- either .rul files inside [Ruleset] folder (as for now)
- or any .rul files inside any subfolder of [Ruleset]

This would be interesting especially for huge mods. As an example, I decided to split my mod by section, and sometimes subsections, and I have around 60 ruleset files...

This way, a modder would have total liberty to organize his work. Subfolder could even include some optional features as zip archives, so that user would just have to extract wanted archives in current subfolder to activate them (and to remove, just have a look at archive to know which file to delete)

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING CAPABILITIES] Load a folder of rulesets
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 12:43:25 am »
I need this function too (i know its very old request)

In Ruleset folder not work the subfolder, but is good for modders, because its easier to combinate the mods and better organize. And if the other folders (example Language) work the subfolder, is the best solution :)

Thank you!

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 03:00:29 am »
uuhhhh... try using the nightlies? this feature has been in for... a long time

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 06:15:57 pm »
uuhhhh... try using the nightlies? this feature has been in for... a long time

nope, only root directory and Ruleset directory are considered... other subfolders are (intentionally?) ignored... not sure if feature or a bug

Code: [Select]
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   mapping resources in: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   recursing into: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod/Ruleset
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   recording ruleset: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod/Ruleset/root_file.rul
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   recursing into: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod/Ruleset/Subfolder1
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   ignoring non-resource file: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod/Ruleset/Subfolder1/subfolder_file1.rul
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   recursing into: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod/Ruleset/Subfolder2
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   ignoring non-resource file: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod/Ruleset/Subfolder2/subfolder_file2a.rul
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   ignoring non-resource file: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod/Ruleset/Subfolder2/subfolder_file2b.rul
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   ignoring non-resource file: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod/Ruleset/root_file.rul
[18-08-2018_17-10-23] [VERB]   ignoring non-resource file: C:\Users\Meridian\Documents\OpenXcom\mods\MyMod/metadata.yml

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 04:55:26 am »
nope, only root directory and Ruleset directory are considered... other subfolders are (intentionally?) ignored... not sure if feature or a bug
It (was) a feature, but seems nobody likes it, so I've fixed it. You can now put .rul files wherever you want in your mod (if you want them to be ignored, give them a different file extension).