Author Topic: XCOM Board Game  (Read 3652 times)

Offline aceshigh

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
XCOM Board Game
« on: August 06, 2014, 06:45:52 pm »
this article was published today at RockPaperShotgun

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/08/06/xcom-the-board-game/

it seems it must be played with a "digital companion" (I guess an iOS and Android app?)

"The app’s primary function is to coordinate the escalating alien invasion, randomly selecting from one of five different invasion plans. Each invasion plan represents a general outline that the alien commanders will use to coordinate the arrival of new UFOs, plan strikes against your base, and respond to your successes or failures as it seeks to conquer Earth. The app manages all of these tasks and heighten’s the game’s tension as it forces you to respond in real-time. Then, after you move quickly to coordinate your response, you engage the enemy in the untimed resolution phase and feed the results to the app. Based upon these results, the app launches the invasion’s next strikes."

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM Board Game
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:32:10 am »
The video game survive the 90s. The msdos all windows. Iphones androids to finish in paper... Apocalipsis now

I want Lol

Offline nullzero

• Sergeant
  • Linux gamer
    • View Profile
    • Social links
Re: XCOM Board Game
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 01:41:27 am »
Hmm.. I think I'm more inclined to do an XCom and Aliens decks for the Smash-Up board game.

Maybe even do a 2 player half deck house rule game to play XCom vs Aliens stand alone.