Author Topic: Neoworm Sprites dump  (Read 60136 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: Neoworm Sprites dump
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2017, 01:50:04 pm »
You need to create more than one tank armors with same spritesheet and different inventory images.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2018, 11:19:11 am »
I was thinking of a similar thing recently and I strongly suspect it can't be implemented without a new feature being added to OXCE+. My idea was to have weapons change appearance based on which ammo is on them. You're trying to make soldiers change appearance based on which weapon they have. I think these two things could both be done using a similar design feature.

At current, as you already know I'm sure, the tank turret displays separately from the tank chassis on the battlescape. So here's an alternative idea: put the tank's inventory slot on the part where you see the turret, and have its inventory item actually cover the turret so that it looks like it's the turret in place. Possible problem: turret image is too wide to fit in the 2x3 slot, important in order to display in the 2x3 UI slot. Possible solution: shrink the x-axis of the tank to 1/2 size, so that it is vertically elongated in appearance. This distorted tank will look funny but will fit better into the screen space normally occupied by a soldier. The actual turret you see should then fit within the 2x3 inventory slot. Then all you need to do is give tanks a special inventory layout. I think there's already functionality available to have inventory layout dependent on armor.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2018, 02:59:49 pm »
You can't have separate layouts for each armor, but you can fill slots that you don't want to use with useless 'items' that are just black images (the trick used in XCF and Piratez). However, changing an item's or unit's sprite/color based on ammo loaded is definitely possible with scripts - I've written a few to do exactly that.

Offline NeoWorm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2018, 05:24:41 pm »
I don't need to change the paperdoll based on used weapon - I am not crazy and I know I have only limited time. I just wanted to change tank inventory images and found out that the tanks are defined in some really crazy way that I hardly understand. Because the inventory image is defined by armor, but all tanks and all hovertanks share the same armor. So making the multiple armors with just different inventory images as was suggested before. But I still don't know how is the chassis determined in the item ruleset.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2018, 05:38:13 pm »
The chassis (armor) is not defined in the item ruleset.  The name of the item in the ruleset (e.g. STR_TANK_CANNON) is used to find a unit in the units ruleset with the same name and race; this is the unit that is spawned in the battlescape, using the weapon from the items ruleset.  You can therefore change the armor for each type of tank in the units ruleset.

Offline NeoWorm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2018, 06:38:31 pm »
The chassis (armor) is not defined in the item ruleset.  The name of the item in the ruleset (e.g. STR_TANK_CANNON) is used to find a unit in the units ruleset with the same name and race; this is the unit that is spawned in the battlescape, using the weapon from the items ruleset.  You can therefore change the armor for each type of tank in the units ruleset.
Okey, that's the missing piece of information, thanks.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2019, 05:46:59 pm »
Tried if it would fit X-Com... and it kinda does. 8 rotations, 4 frames of animation + dead sprite. Inventory and Ufopedia will be easy. So another thing to finish later.

Alright I did what I could about correcting the palette for use with X-Com: Enemy Unknown.

Unsplit version:
(This will not work in OpenXcom, you need the below split one.)

Split version that should be ready for use: (Use: drawing routine 12)

Considering I started with these corrupted images I don't think it turned out too bad.

Corrupted unsplit version:

Corrupted split version:

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2019, 06:34:44 pm »
Looks pretty nice!

Offline The Martian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2019, 01:23:08 am »
Some concepts of alien variants I made for fun. Some should be kinda easy to make.

I made an attempt at creating a sprite sheet for one of NeoWorm's interesting units.

Here are three versions of this Cyber Sphere:

Original:

With fading light death animation:

Animated circular red light motion with final pulse death animation:

And here is the FloorOb for the unit's corpse item:

If I've done this correctly the death animation should flow into the FloorOb's image position which is 2 pixels below the image in the last frame on the unit's sprite sheet.

The unit sprite sheet should be configured for drawingRoutine 8. (Silacoid)

As the Cyberdisc's FloorOb looks a bit more wrecked up on death than this Cyber Sphere does, perhaps it may have a sturdier external hull protecting its delicate alien electronics?

Then again maybe the greater visible damage seen on the
Cyberdisc is from its own explosive self destruction.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:19:32 am by The Martian »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2019, 01:44:54 am »
Here are an additional three versions that use the drawingRoutine's looping animation to make the Cyber Sphere bob up and down slightly while the unit is not moving.

(Original)

(With death animation)

(With rotating light animation)

That may breath a bit more life into it than just having it hang motionless in the air.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 01:46:49 am by The Martian »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2019, 12:17:20 pm »
Very good work, TheMartian!  :o

Offline The Martian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2019, 06:47:18 am »
Here are a few images that could potentially be used for the Cyber Sphere's BigOb image.

These are modified images based on The_Funktasm's Blaster Seeker BigOb image that can be found here:
The_Funktasm's Crap-U-Copia

For reference here is The_Funktasm's original Blaster Seeker image:

Cyber Sphere BigOb Set:

Personally I think version 8 looks the most like a downed Cyber Sphere:

All 8 versions are included in the Cyber_Sphere_BigObs.zip file attached to this post.

misterx

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2020, 02:35:37 pm »
Provided some bigobs attached here from the first post, but the sprites on the sixth page are superultracool!

Edit: merged the handguns and even created a shotgun, attached
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 03:29:56 pm by misterx »

Offline NeoWorm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2021, 07:07:11 pm »
Hi everybody, I kinda never released some sprites I was hogging for far too long.

So here you go, feel free to use anything.

Fireman axe, flare (unused and burning), combat hatchet, breach hammer have only inventory sprites
Bow should have all it's sprites (I am not sure if didn't posted it already somewhere else)
Combat drugs, first aid kit, big stimpack and small stimpack have inventory and floor sprites.

I think I had working mod for those but I can't find it.

Flechette guns are kinda meh, but somebody may find use for them.

Offline NeoWorm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2021, 07:24:50 pm »
An improved Snakeman and Floater paperdolls. Modified Floater battlescape sprites, corpse and floorob.