Author Topic: [Facility Modding] Need help - issue with mapDataSet (SOLVED)  (Read 3556 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
In order to add new facilities, Luke created a nice Security Fortress

He added some windowed walls (don't ask me where he picked them up, as they are different from the UFO base version he used at the beginning)

Unfortunately, they are not displayed in base defense mission

I attached the mod

If anyone want to have a look at it, better is to create a new environment, install mod, and install files from user folder (also options.cfg and battle.cfg) so that the base includes automatically new facilities, also in basescape but in battle generator too

It seems there is an issue with XBASE3 mapDataSet

Attached two screen shots :
- the first one shows the facility in base defense mission
- the second shows it as it should be

For information, some file extension were not uppercase and I corrected this ; I am under Windows but I heard it could be an issue for Linux users. I suppose it is not the cause of the issue as I believe dysfunction appeared before I renamed these files, but I prefer to mention it

Luke has no idea why this XBASE3 is not correctly loaded by the engine

There is no urgency, but we are interesting to know if there is an incompatibility or if it's only an error that can be solved, as we are intended to create more facilities in the future
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:06:29 am by Aldorn »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: [Facility Modding] Need help - issue with mapDataSet
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 11:02:28 pm »
I just opened XBASE3 on MCDEdit and the PCK/TAB files are corrupted since the graphics appear garbled, and the game can't load the tileset due to it. Most likely it has to do with palettes, usually there is a pixel or two that messes up everything. The oddity is the graphics appear good on PCKView but MCDedit shows them completely garbled. I've attached a pic to show.

If you look closely at the pic you see a few white/orange pixels standing out on the sprites - that usually means that those pixels are messing up the graphics.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:05:28 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 01:10:52 am »
All this is for Luke !  :P
(I don't use MCEdit, not yet)
Thanks Hobbes, this will be helpful for sure
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:13:34 am by Aldorn »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:48:36 am »
Thanks Hobbes, never noticed that, i now have a version that works in MCDEDIT, i will upload it shortly...

Try these ones, i need to feed the kids and get them to bed.

Aldorn: Windows are clonned from my UFO set, i still need to switch the data to match Human facilities and some graphics still need some work. Lets see if these ones work in game and i can finish cleaning these up next weekend.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:53:22 am by luke83 »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 10:56:36 am »
 :)