aliens

Author Topic: Possible bug: Stunned the last alien with a rod but no live alien recovered  (Read 10967 times)

Offline MrFrustrated

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug: Stunned the last alien with a rod but no live alien recovered
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 12:10:35 am »
Something similiar happen to me, but midmission.

While outside a supply ship, an alien open the door and tossed a grenade. Decided to rush the ship after that. Killed an alien near that door.

A turn later, I stunned an alien who was about to go into the engine room. I put a guy on top of him because I wanted to see what rank I captured; he's dead Jim.

I wonder if that 2nd alien got caught in the grenade blast, ran back to the engine room.

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 04:59:51 am »
have the battlescapes bind the rangers for a while - if the battlescape took 10 turns, bind the ranger for 10 hours on the geoscape after the battlescape maybe.

This would be neat, plus it would add the question of "Do I rush them to get this done quick or do I take the time to be methodical?"  I would say each turn should bind the ranger for a minute would be more true to the TU system.  Tho at only a minute it would mostly have an effect on gameplay late in the game when you've multiple UFOs flying around at once.

reflect this with ambient light :-)

Both of these would require a significant change to the engine, so I suppose while asking for one might as well request the other.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 05:06:49 am »
I think that a tactical turn is rather closer to 10 seconds than 60, but this being a tactical TB-game, this is really mostly a matter of opinion. However landing the Skyranger would realistically require several minutes (from travelling at full speed to ramp down)...