aliens

Author Topic: [Weapon][Armor]Equal Terms Mod v1.0 for OpenXcom  (Read 61519 times)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
Re: [Weapon][Armor]Equal Terms Mod v1.0 for OpenXcom
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2014, 08:08:43 pm »
Sorry, it was my mistake. 
I was just testing (curious) the sounds of your Mod with Winamp, but it's not the best software to use I think.
The sound file for the SAW seems OK, I hear it when I use Media Player Classic.
OK.  Let's play now!

:D

P.S. Problems happen when an amateur meets a Pro you know.

Not a problem.  Not sure why it doesn't play in winamp when it plays on my winamp.

Offline Infini

• Colonel
  • Alien French Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2014, 08:43:00 pm »
Not a problem.  Not sure why it doesn't play in winamp when it plays on my winamp.

I use Winamp 5.63  Lite, just for my music.  If I double-click or use "openwith", no sound.  When a file is too small, specially a WAV, my version of winamp is totally blind.
Anyway...
Thanks for your comprehension.

:)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:58:47 pm by Infini »

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2014, 05:42:27 pm »
I really like your Mod.
It's a lot more realistic than the vanilla version.
Snipers (wow!) and S.A.W. (mid-range) are extremely useful to cover your troops.  To investigate UFOs or buildings, submachine guns are the perfect weapon, assault rifles too.

I'm not sure about the shotgun.  I don't think I'll use it. 
But the Magum Revolver is useful in a sniper's backpack.

I dont' like the stun rod now.  At the beginning of the game, We know nothing about the alien weaknesses.
Maybe I'll add to your Mod a dart pistol (Autopsy researches needed) and simply remove the rod.

- Tell me please, a tactical armor (jungle) protects me in an urban area or I need to buy each version ?

Great work!
I keep it (your Mod) for my own use.

:)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »
I really like your Mod.
It's a lot more realistic than the vanilla version.
Snipers (wow!) and S.A.W. (mid-range) are extremely useful to cover your troops.  To investigate UFOs or buildings, submachine guns are the perfect weapon, assault rifles too.

I am glad you are enjoying the mod.  Really the weapons are all about being used in the right situations, and you have them perfectly paired.

I'm not sure about the shotgun.  I don't think I'll use it. 
But the Magum Revolver is useful in a sniper's backpack.

I also give the magnum to those carrying shotguns or rocket launchers, since a medium range weapon is handy for both.

I dont' like the stun rod now.  At the beginning of the game, We know nothing about the alien weaknesses.
Maybe I'll add to your Mod a dart pistol (Autopsy researches needed) and simply remove the rod.

That's a brilliant idea and definitely worth doing.

- Tell me please, a tactical armor (jungle) protects me in an urban area or I need to buy each version ?

The different camo versions of the armor are only visual differentiations, there is no game mechanic difference between Arctic, Jungle and Urban. It's all about how the soldiers look, that's all.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2014, 06:07:03 pm »
...I dont' like the stun rod now.  At the beginning of the game, We know nothing about the alien weaknesses.

Feel free to borrow the dart pistol from the UpClose ModPack. :)   https://www.openxcom.com/mod/upclose-modpack
I'd be happy for some feedback on it. :)

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 06:20:27 pm »
Feel free to borrow the dart pistol from the UpClose ModPack. :)   https://www.openxcom.com/mod/upclose-modpack
I'd be happy for some feedback on it. :)

Cheers, Ivan :D

I'm testing it.
Found The A clip.
What I need for the B & C version, not sure.

I won't use the stun grenade.  Small alien launcher + stun bomb will cease to be interesting for me.

I just need a logical an alternative method.
The dart pistol is perfect.  Now, we absolutely need to do autopsy researches.

Thank you.

:D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:27:13 pm by Infini »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2014, 07:59:57 pm »
Basically, the dart clip progression is dependent on gaining better understanding of alien physiology.

The more alien types that you autopsy, the greater the chance of gaining a key insight that will allow you to make a more potent stunning agent. :)

Cheers, Ivan
(And the work behind the research progression was happily borrowed from Roxis231's Medi-Gas grenade mod).

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2014, 08:14:48 pm »
Basically, the dart clip progression is dependent on gaining better understanding of alien physiology.

The more alien types that you autopsy, the greater the chance of gaining a key insight that will allow you to make a more potent stunning agent. :)

Cheers, Ivan
(And the work behind the research progression was happily borrowed from Roxis231's Medi-Gas grenade mod).

That's pretty damn brilliant stuff there.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2014, 11:38:38 pm »
I'm not sure but I think you were planning to implement "laser SMGs" (if not, my mistake); I've made 2 concepts for such weapons (based on Rockfish's designs), and I thought it'd be a good place to dump them anyway, since right now I don't know what to do with them yet.

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2014, 02:36:43 am »
I'm not sure but I think you were planning to implement "laser SMGs" (if not, my mistake); I've made 2 concepts for such weapons (based on Rockfish's designs), and I thought it'd be a good place to dump them anyway, since right now I don't know what to do with them yet.
If those are laser Sub Machine guns, then the second one looks better. The first one looks too bulky.

Of course this is if only KingMob wants to let the Laser SMG in.

Offline Infini

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2014, 02:47:33 pm »
A suggestion: at the beginning of the game, we have 6 armors to buy: Light (Artctic, urban & jungle), Tactical (Artctic, urban & jungle).
It's confusing.  In fact, we just have  two choices: light or tactical.

What do you think?  A newcomer by mistake may buy the complete set, no ? (I did it myself...)

:(

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2015, 10:32:40 pm »
Hey everyone I'm new here. Just tried your mod and found one issue . Elerium shotgun ammo uses the corpse gif in soldier inventory due to a conflict in the rul where both armor corpse and elerium shotgun ammo use 64 and 77 (for F) as id for their gifs. I made all amor use 964 and 977 and it fixed it for me.

Thanks for this mod is really awesome. Is very similar to long war for XCom EU/EW weapons in a way.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2015, 02:26:58 am »
I have been playing around with the mod and I have a few suggestions.

Armours:
Is nice to have variations on amor but they don't provide any real benefits other than aesthetics. I think there should be only two armours one lighter and one heavier.

I think it would make more sense to have the Light Armour be called Kevlar Vest or Armour Vest instead . And the vest should not reduce TU but otherwise all stats should stay the same.

Tactical Armour should provide a bit more armour perhaps 35 or even 40 and reduce TU further (perhaps -8 or -10 or more?) and more penalties to throwing and a bit heavier. While still keeping it under personal armour efficiency.

These change would make the player have to decide more carefully between the two armours and will also allow the player to create tankier soldiers that can go in first soak up any reaction shot damage before regular lighter troops go in.  These changes would go well with the rest of the mod which for me seems to be about choices between weapons which have advantages or disadvantages (for example Sniper Rifle vs lower damage less TU less range Marksman Rifle or between Revolver or Machine Pistol as a sniper side weapon).

Weapons:
All weapons are perfect. There have been talks about a dart pistol sounds exciting.

My only request is Laser Rifle needs clips. Is  a bit like cheating.

There could be another weapon that does not require ammo but should not be laser maybe heat weapons or gauss weapons or material fusion. They should be equal to or a bit better than laser but much heavier. Plasma should still be the best. The idea is again to have to decide.

If laser is to stay the same clipless then make the laser weapons a bit heavier.

Thanks for your hard work this mod is my favourite . 5/5

on my system I edited the RUL file left only the Jungle look kevlar vest and the arctic tactic armor and changed the stats to the following

Armor Vest
    frontArmor: 16
    sideArmor: 9
    rearArmor: 14
    underArmor: 5
    stats:
      tu: 0 <<< no TU reduction but the other stats still reduced
      stamina: -2
      reactions: -1
      throwing: -2
      strength: 0

Tactic Armor