Author Topic: Handob headaches - Perspectives for an isometric world  (Read 3077 times)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
Handob headaches - Perspectives for an isometric world
« on: July 09, 2014, 04:26:19 am »
So I'm trying to get all the new graphics done for my mod and while I can get the hand objs done for the side views and for the top quarter views (NW and NE) the SW and SE ones are killing me.

Anyone have any tips for trying to figure out how to do this right?  With the smaller guns, I can do it, but the larger rifles are dancing out of reach

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Handob headaches - Perspectives for an isometric world
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 05:01:09 am »
I use the attached template. It's a multi-layer GIF that can be edited in Grafx2, the object is in layer 2, "sandwiched" between layers that show the character and his limbs.
I know it's not perfect as it doesn't behave exactly like the game - I'd need to know precisely what is drawn in what order.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
Re: Handob headaches - Perspectives for an isometric world
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:12:45 am »
I use the attached template. It's a multi-layer GIF that can be edited in Grafx2, the object is in layer 2, "sandwiched" between layers that show the character and his limbs.
I know it's not perfect as it doesn't behave exactly like the game - I'd need to know precisely what is drawn in what order.

Wow, that's huge.  Thanks a billion, man. It extracts to 3 layers just fine in Gimp, and with the arm, I can layout things much easier.