Author Topic: Request for Online version.  (Read 6772 times)

Offline Rone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Request for Online version.
« on: July 05, 2014, 07:22:51 pm »
I've always wanted to play X-Com on my chromebook. This might even exists already, not sure.

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 07:24:37 pm by Rone »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Request for Online version.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 07:27:25 pm »
Someone made one for 0.9, maybe you can contact them to update it: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1779.0.html

Offline Marselleza

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 07:41:05 pm »
Здравствуйте, а планируется ли серверная Онлайн-версия? клиентская или браузерная, чтобы игроки могли между собой воевать.

Hello, and whether it planned to server online version? client or a browser, so that players can fight each other.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:07:45 pm by Marselleza »

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:50:04 pm »
That won't happen. It's not even in long long long todo plan. It simply the project of different kind.
If you want to play PvP - ufo2000 is your choice. Currently.
Perhaps someone will make browser-based laser-squad-nemesis-like project at some point.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:51:54 pm by volutar »

Offline Marselleza

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 10:40:03 pm »
Спасибо,  Я фанат X-COM и я очень хотел бы увидеть тот самый x-com в сетевом варианте, чтобы на планете реальные игроки выбирали рассу инопланетян строили базы, развивались и воевали между собой))) в пошаговом режиме и в пошаговом в реального режима.

Thank you, I'm a fan of X-COM and I would very much like to see the same x-com in the network options to the real player on the planet chose race aliens built the database, developed and fought among themselves))) step by step and step in real mode.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 06:09:19 pm »
That won't happen. It's not even in long long long todo plan. It simply the project of different kind.
If you want to play PvP - ufo2000 is your choice. Currently.
Well... not really any more... Have you tried to play it, recently? Even the official server seems to be down, right now.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:18:30 pm »
Didn't they release server binaries/sources?

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 07:57:44 pm »
Didn't they release server binaries/sources?
Of course! I even compiled them yesterday myself. With two results: The server seems to be running just fine (as far as I can see, when just connecting to it, so I immediately put it on my personal gaming-server-machine for further use...  ;D).

But the client is different matter. It does compile, but it does not run. I've already written into a thread concearning a smiliar topic, but haven't gotten a response until now. I also tried to use the precompiled windows-binary, but that leaves me with two things: Noone else to play, as there is no public server running (except mine, when the machine is turned on for a view hours at a time, sometimes not for weeks). And with a client that only plays some sounds but by far not all. Others already complained about this problem, but as there hasn't been any update for at least 2 years.

When you look at the project-site, you will realize, that it hasn't been changed since March 2012. So from where I stand, nobody is maintaining the code any more. A look into their forums reveals, that they haven't been used in quite some time, as well. I'd love to see more going on, but considering that the client doesn't seem to run/compile properly, no public server is running, I believe, you won't find many players to play. Probably only yourself.

(Just for the sake of the idea: I'd love to put up an ufo2000-server, but not at my home, as it is the case right now. And renting an internet-server for that, is a financial question...)