Author Topic: New UFOs  (Read 23076 times)

Offline tnarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
New UFOs
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:29:05 pm »
I'm just trying my hand at making some new UFOs.  Early stages but as I will not be able to work on them much over the next few week I thoght I would post them here to get some feed back.

2 small and a very small

Image List:
U_ext02
U_wall02
U_bits
U_pods
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:30:41 pm by tnarg »

Offline tnarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: New UFOs
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 05:29:29 pm »
More Images

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 07:53:41 pm »
Very nice! Is it difficult to make new UFO's? Also that last UFO I don't see a UFO Power source -.-

Nice job.

Offline phobos2077

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:59:16 pm »
It strange having UFO power source just behind the entry door... Otherwise, it's looking really nice, keep it up!

Offline tnarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 08:29:05 pm »
Very nice! Is it difficult to make new UFO's? Also that last UFO I don't see a UFO Power source -.-

That last one is a very small class so no it dose not.  I plan to only give it a crew of 3.
Making new UFO a little tricky but not too bad.  It take a lot of time to get it right.

It strange having UFO power source just behind the entry door... Otherwise, it's looking really nice, keep it up!
Yes I'm not happy with that but it also felt strange at the front or off center and for gameplay resons I only wanted one power source.  Maybe if I stretch the top section I could move the lift off to the side (or maybe have 2 lifts on each side) freeing up the middle room for the power source?  But I dont want to too be because I want it as a small UFO.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 11:47:46 pm »
I really like these maps. I hope you'll make the intercepting images too, they take just as long for me. :D

If you don't feel like making an actual ruleset, I could make you a co-author of my Alien Armoury Expanded, which already has four new UFOs... But otherwise I'll just download and play your mod. ;)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 11:53:11 am »
Nice looking Ufos mate, dont suppose your building ontop of my expanded ruleset, would make for even more variety...

Offline tnarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 02:16:49 pm »
Hello Luke.

Just want to say I like you mod and I play it, but I'm in 2 minds about it on one hand I love the variation it bring but on the other I kind of like the player can learn what's going to be inside a UFO.

These UFO's are going to be part of a bigger mod I'm working on.  But the new UFOs will proberly be the first part that is done to a final state.  And if you want to include them in you mod then I will put do something once I finished making them.

My plan is to double the number of UFOs in the game.  ie 1 new V.Small, 2 new smalls, 2 new meds, 2 new large and 1 new V large.  Once (if) I'm done I'll combine these into your mod and send it to you for approval.

One a differnet topic:  I want to look into making some of my own tiles (or finding a kind person to make them for me).  I want to make a Gun 2x3 Gun with one of the block droping an item ie 'UFO Weapon system'.  Having a quick search shows this might be a bit hard maybe it could drop 'Alien Reproduction' or 'Alien Habitat' and I rename them in the rule set.  If it could explode like Navigator's table and have 75% chance of being distroyed when crashed like a power source that would be nice but not needed.  Also I would like a door for the north wall of a UFO.
I cant see to fine working websight where I can down load mcdedit and would realy like to find a nice person to make these for me.

Tnarg.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 05:16:55 pm »
I like the idea of having gun tiles, I've been thinking of it myself. Better yet, make them recoverable. ;)

Offline tnarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 07:31:16 pm »
As I'm going to have to go afk for almost 2 week I thoght I'll leave you with this one even if its only 1/2 done.  This is made to look like a smaller battle ship. (size: Medium)

Top layer is from a Terror Ship (as I'm sure you can tell) made a little smaller.  (needs changes to the inside so it dose not look like a copy)
Middle is from a Harvester made a little bigger. (gutted the inside ready for a make over)
Ground is base on Battle ship but also cut and paste from my new very small craft.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 08:29:12 pm »
Looks good and gorey :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 09:21:19 pm »
Hello Luke.

My plan is to double the number of UFOs in the game.  ie 1 new V.Small, 2 new smalls, 2 new meds, 2 new large and 1 new V large.  Once (if) I'm done I'll combine these into your mod and send it to you for approval.

Great minds think alike, the Expanded UFOs were designed to be NEAR VANILLA ( so most people would use them), i always wanted to do what your doing now once the set was complete an make a Stage2 set wth lots of NEW designs :P

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 07:39:43 pm »
2 small and a very small

Image List:
U_ext02
U_wall02
U_bits
U_pods

Me too add some ufos this week.

I tried to have full compatibility with Luke's ufos mod.

If you are interesting in this compatibility i notice a little compatibily problem:

I think that your ufos are of type ufo_110 or ufo_120

To obtain a full compatibility you should uses same tileset used by Luke in the same order.

For these ufo type Luke's tileset is:

Code: [Select]

- BLANKS
        - U_EXT02
        - U_WALL02
        - U_BITS
        - UFOL83

where UFOL83 is its custom pck with new tiles

I you use in some maps instead U_PODS
them will be incompatible with Luke's ufo maps of the same type.

therefore you should write a full ruleset to redefine all entities involved

such as already  Solarius Scorch made for his four ufos.

In my opinion, if you want only add new original ufo maps you could
adopt Lukes tileset (I chosen this option)

In this case, if you want add U_PODS after UFOL83 
I advise you that is better ask to Luke if he plan to add new tiles into its PCK
because in this case your tiles selected form U_PODS will be shifted to left with strange result

If you want change many other things the Solarius way is better.

Offline tnarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 12:38:37 pm »
the are going to be added as new UFOs so I don't need to worry about using someone else tile set orders.  For example my small with 2 power source will not land as 100 E115 from a small would be unbalanced but it will have long range guns with the idea of damaging interceptors so other ufos can carry out there missions.

But that dose not mean that I can't include them in Luke's mod I don't plan on getting ride of the old UFOs.

Offline animal310

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 06:45:10 pm »
Absolutely love these designs. I prefer the insides to be the same every time (like they are built in an Alien Ship building factory). I can understand the appeal of luke83’s mod, its great work but its not for me personally