Author Topic: [WEAPON] Stun Grenade  (Read 6444 times)

Offline Murmur

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[WEAPON] Stun Grenade
« on: June 22, 2014, 02:15:08 am »

Download: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/stun-grenade

Requires Stun Bomb to be researched, and requires a Stun Bomb for manufacture.

Does less damage than a stun bomb fired from a small launcher (65 down from 90), and has a slightly smaller blast radius (4 down from 5).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:02:42 pm by Murmur »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [WEAPON] Stun Grenade
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 02:46:41 am »
Is this based on Simon-v's Custom Grenades mod? half of the mod was... exactly the same thing really. Though your sprite looks way better!

If I may ask out of curiosity, why did you decrease the grenade's power? Was it too unbalanced for a grenade?

EDIT:
Here's a quick Polish translation:

Code: [Select]
  - type: pl-PL
    strings:
      STR_STUN_GRENADE: Granat ogłuszający
      STR_STUN_GRENADE_UFOPEDIA: Bomba ogłuszająca z zamontowanym zapalnikiem ręcznym. Choć część siły obalającej zostaje utracona przy konwersji, to połączenie obcej i ludzkiej technologii zapewnia znacznie większą swobodę użycia bomby.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:54:53 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Murmur

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 03:31:36 am »
Oh, no it's not based on any other mod. I wasn't even aware one like this existed, not that I went looking or anything. I just thought of this earlier today and thought I'd like to see it in game, then posted it here in case anyone else might get a kick out of it.

And I decreased the power of the grenade since it seemed like it is a little safer to use as a grenade, since you don't have to worry about hitting something directly in front of you, or shooting a nearby teammate in the back. Plus you can carry a primary weapon and throw grenades with a lot less hassle than carrying a primary weapon and a small launcher.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for the translation, I'll be sure to add that in.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 03:33:15 am by Murmur »

Offline phobos2077

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 10:16:56 am »
Nice mod. Russian translation:
  - type: ru
    strings:
      STR_STUN_GRENADE: Парализующая граната
      STR_STUN_GRENADE_UFOPEDIA: Парализующая бомба в корпусе гранаты. Несмотря на снижение эффективности в процессе адаптации, это слияние технологии людей и пришельцев мощность заменяет удобством.

Offline Nightwolf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 02:39:08 pm »
Great :)

Spanish translation:

- type: es
    strings:
      STR_STUN_GRENADE: Granada Aturdidora
      STR_STUN_GRENADE_UFOPEDIA: Una bomba aturdidora dentro de una granada. Aunque se pierde algo de efectividad en el proceso de conversión, esta fusión de tecnología humana y alienígena intercambia potencia por conveniencia.
  - type: es-419
    strings:
      STR_STUN_GRENADE: Granada Aturdidora
      STR_STUN_GRENADE_UFOPEDIA: Una bomba aturdidora dentro de una granada. Aunque se pierde algo de efectividad en el proceso de conversión, esta fusión de tecnología humana y alienígena intercambia potencia por conveniencia.  

Offline Murmur

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 09:01:33 pm »
Thanks for all the translations guys! I'll be putting a new version up in a few minutes with all of them in it.

EDIT: Hmm, there seems to be a problem with the mod, everything looks fine in the battlescape, but in the Ufopedia the stun bomb has the image of the stun grenade... not sure where I went wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT EDIT: Okay figured it out. Needed to add a research topic for it, appears that trying to piggyback it on top of the stun bomb research wasn't good enough. New version going up shortly with the fix and the additional translations.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:05:27 pm by Murmur »