Author Topic: X-com sell on the same week that OpenXcom and Xenonauts come out - Coincidence?  (Read 4861 times)

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Or do you think maybe 2K or Steam is trying to help out X-com fans?

Or maybe it really just is a coincidence...

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Most likely a coincidence. The sale is not specific to the X-COM series, it's the annual Steam Store-wide Summer Sale.

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
I find it highly unlikely that 2k did not consider it when the annual steam sale came around.

I'm pretty sure they were already planning to include the X-COM bundle and UFO+TFTD in the steam-sale already but It's highly unlikely that they didn't consider the impacts of Xenonauts and OXC when they decided the %off.

It's difficult to say whether they increased, decreased, or stuck with the same price, but you can bet they thought about it at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if traditional X-COM has been pulling almost as much revenue as Enemy Within DLC lately.

In all fairness, 2k should pay ninex's bills for hosting the OXC team. We're doing a lot to redirect the attention of disgruntled hardcore fans and keep X-COM relevant. Of course that goes both ways but OXC isn't getting paid.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
In all fairness, 2k should pay ninex's bills for hosting the OXC team. We're doing a lot to redirect the attention of disgruntled hardcore fans and keep X-COM relevant. Of course that goes both ways but OXC isn't getting paid.

Would OXC have been get paid, I guess result would not have been such a success, and certainly not of such quality.

PS : Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they aren't worthy of a fair return on their personal and financial investment. I will pray for Development Team to win the lottery, and keep their faith in their hobby for us all.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
we need a forum icon for tinfoil hats

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile

You have one of those too?

Maybe all of these game releases are the way of the secret government to prepare us for the imminent alien invasion. Watch the skies people!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 02:38:41 am by Hobbes »

Offline gunquinn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
If you still can't get enough, theres this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/1f4hec/i_created_an_xcom_demakeparody_ycom_try_it_out/
Not a bad little game, very humorous too.

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Actually, I had intended this as a sort of a joke topic.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
XCOM, OpenXcom and Xenonauts...?

That's 3 games! Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
3 games, half-life 3 ... half of 3...

OMG! Openxcom 1.5 is coming out half a lifetime after 1.0!