aliens

Author Topic: [WEAPONS/ITEMS] My suggestions  (Read 4912 times)

niculinux

[WEAPONS/ITEMS] My suggestions
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:18:43 am »
As for the title says, I'd tell my humble suggestions:

Replacements
M4 carabine---->replaces rifle
Beretta 92Fs---> replaces pistol
Light machien gun---->replaces autocannon
M79 grenade launcher--->Heavy cannon
RPG and or bazooka---->replaces rochet launcher
Tazer pistol------->replaces stun rod
- A couple of armor to replace personal armor and and power armor. i'd leave the flying one as it is now

(never stood the auto cannon and the heavy cannon >.< I really rarely used in almost 15 years of xcom playng)

Various items
- A new sprite replacemente for the mind probe (hell, the original one it's a....balll!!!!  :o ;D )
- A new sprite replacemente for the medikit (a more actula one)

Addictions
- Even them may find room, such a combat knife (rambo style  8) ) and a sniper rifle :P
- Some armors

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:29:04 pm by niculinux »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: [WEAPONS/ITEMS] My suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:53:45 am »
lots of this is already available through mods. have you looked through the "modding/experiments" and "completed mods" sections, as well as the mod site portal?

niculinux

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 08:28:42 pm »
lots of this is already available through mods. have you looked through the "modding/experiments" and "completed mods" sections, as well as the mod site portal?

ah ok sorry...forgot I already stumbled upon them, maybe ahvin them grouped in a single mod will be more handy/comfortable.  But also I figure one may wnat to make in a different fashin , eg. I don't like the light machine gune here on the forum, but only fot an aestethics taste.  ;) And most important, the may be intended as a replacement for the existing ones (the auto cannon, the heavy cannon and stun rod).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 01:34:29 am »
Niculinux, are you going for a Vietnam total conversion? :)

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 05:19:17 am »
Niculinux, are you going for a Vietnam total conversion? :)

With the new and improved OpenXcom engine I'd like to see a total conversion of this sort. Not necessarily Vietnam, but something not involving the aliens.

niculinux

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 10:23:18 am »
With the new and improved OpenXcom engine I'd like to see a total conversion of this sort. Not necessarily Vietnam, but something not involving the aliens.

not specifically, but the more the betterr <3 :D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 05:41:31 pm »
not specifically, but the more the betterr <3 :D

The reason I joked about this is everything you mention is used by US mostly/solely, and very very old (and was already very old in 1999.
So we can have something like US-only Xenonauts... With aliens or not. :)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 06:28:53 pm »
The colt 1911 was selectec by the Los Angeles police SWAT as the most reliable handgun. Actually produced since 1911. I find it terrifying how much was invested in weapon research and engineering at this time in history. I mean, it's 20 years before we discovered Pluto !

niculinux

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 09:06:06 pm »
The reason I joked about this is everything you mention is used by US mostly/solely, and very very old (and was already very old in 1999.
So we can have something like US-only Xenonauts... With aliens or not. :)

Yes, i forgot to point out that's musch Usa centric but also theee weapons were featured in lots '90 movies, maybe some other hardware like fn fal, imi uzi or even beretta ar 70 90 woukd be nice. Or better, havin weapons from different countries, since xcom is international!

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 09:12:48 am »
Why do so many people get so interested in adding so many real world weapons? Don't get me wrong, I understand the appeal of having shotguns and anti-materiel rifles, or having real world equivelants instead of "Rifle" and "Heavy Cannon".

What's the point of adding more variations or better accuracy to the set of weapons you replace in feb-march with all heavy plasmas?

Why not plasma shotguns, alien grenades in small launchers, elerium powerd railguns, M203-Fusion, anti-grav bouncing disk-blade launchers, hybrid plasma-laser mini-guns, bucket o' lava, chrysalid egg launchers. You know, cool stuff to pry out of some cold dead snakemans hands other then heavy plasmas. Something you can actually point at an ethereal and say 'hahaha I got a gun from your dead buddy over there, check this out!'

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 01:05:44 pm »
Why do so many people get so interested in adding so many real world weapons? Don't get me wrong, I understand the appeal of having shotguns and anti-materiel rifles, or having real world equivelants instead of "Rifle" and "Heavy Cannon".

I guess they just love scrolling through lists. :P

What's the point of adding more variations or better accuracy to the set of weapons you replace in feb-march with all heavy plasmas?

Actually, we're working on this already. ;)

Why not plasma shotguns, alien grenades in small launchers,elerium powerd railguns, M203-Fusion, anti-grav bouncing disk-blade launchers, hybrid plasma-laser mini-guns, bucket o' lava, chrysalid egg launchers. You know, cool stuff to pry out of some cold dead snakemans hands other then heavy plasmas. Something you can actually point at an ethereal and say 'hahaha I got a gun from your dead buddy over there, check this out!'

+100.

Hmm, actually some cool ideas here:
plasma shotguns - it's already in Alien Armoury Expanded. :)
alien grenades in small launchers - hmm... hmm... I think I'll make this happen. :)
Elerium powerd railguns - maaaaaybe at some point, though at some point plasma is perfectly sufficient and there's no reason to invent anything better.
M203-Fusion - what's this? :P
anti-grav bouncing disk-blade launchers - if only this would be possible, engine-wise...
hybrid plasma-laser mini-guns - sorry, engine limitations. But it sounds interesting.