Author Topic: Open X Com Heavily Modded Eddition Playthrough Finally Finished!  (Read 23742 times)

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
  • 100% Un-Professional XCOM Lets Player
    • View Profile
    • FINAL MOD PACK LP OUT SOON NOW RECRUITING! SIGN UP TODAY!
Hello Everyone Jstank here bringing you another lets play. This time I modded the latest build with all the newest mods I could muster.

We will be playing on veteran Iron man. I tried superhuman and failed miserably.. :(

The first episode is up and there will be a new one released every day until I die horribly or we defeat the alien menance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv3SRkarVpM&list=PLdRzyg_rQbguUFqSzmjJMMNY8H3r1Nlqs

1.0 is taking a loooonnng time and I'm rather impatient. When it comes out I will upgrade..

ENJOY!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:48:05 pm by Jstank »

Offline Teks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Open X Com Heavily Modded Eddition Playthrough Now Up!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:44:44 pm »
So cool. I'm excited to see you showcase some of the mods in the playthrough. I'm waiting for 1.0 to start a new game, and I'm gonna use this to help figure out what I'd like to add to it. Good luck man! Keep up the awesome playthroughs.
Ah, I'm so excited to be able to play the latest openxcom on linux without missing out on the latest stuff. It's amazing this game made it all the way to 1.0. It looks amazing.

I humbly request you name a Joffrey Lannister. May he never die.  ;D

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 08:10:42 pm »
I humbly request you name a Joffrey Lannister. May he never die.  ;D
From George R.R. Martin, or ?

Offline Teks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 06:31:11 am »
From my little ponies

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 06:48:36 am »
LOLZ. how about this one (multiple soldiers in a row) Paprika..., The evil daughter,... of salt and pepper,... (blues clues)

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 09:24:47 pm »
Sweet, I made Captain! (AKA Sweet! I killed something and didn't die in my first two missions!) Thanks for including me, I'm honored to be fighting alongside Sup and Warboy and the rest. I can't wait to see how I die horribly!

Also, that new UFO I saw there was one of Solar's, not Luke's. I'll be interested to see more of those. I don't know how to make new interception images so I didn't design any new UFO shapes.

Offline Teks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 01:30:44 am »
Good start!
Them sniper rifles are deadly effective. They have that rare reliability that you just don't see with new recruits in the begining of the game. Even then, so few losses! Amazing.

Also, for those who don't know I was meaning the joffrey from the game of thrones books, and series, though I recently rediscovered that he is not a lannister.

I'd like to add putin to my requests. That guy has a higher degree black belt then chuck norris. Who cares if the last degree was more of a diplomatic gesture then an earnest promotion for martial skill. I sure wouldn't fight him! Its time to put him to the test!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:35:17 am by Teks »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 11:01:43 am »
Them sniper rifles are deadly effective. They have that rare reliability that you just don't see with new recruits in the begining of the game. Even then, so few losses! Amazing.

[/quote]

Yes Tek, the sniper rifles are super nice at the beginning of the game.

Sweet, I made Captain! (AKA Sweet! I killed something and didn't die in my first two missions!) Thanks for including me, I'm honored to be fighting alongside Sup and Warboy and the rest. I can't wait to see how I die horribly!

Also, that new UFO I saw there was one of Solar's, not Luke's. I'll be interested to see more of those. I don't know how to make new interception images so I didn't design any new UFO shapes.

I do apologize for not knowing exactly which ufo 's are whos, There are so many! Hopefully I will be able to learn who's owns them all, all I know are that they are all amazing!

Offline Teks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 03:29:06 pm »
Ep 4.
People will die  ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 07:59:29 pm »
I really need to start watching this. Not just because it contains some of my files, though this certainly is nice. ;)

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 04:05:11 am »
You are a fine soldier Solarius

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 03:09:43 pm »

Offline Teks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 04:13:04 pm »
The assault rifles are totally useless. Surprised you didn't just give the rest shotguns, or machine pistols, or...anything other then assault rifles. 19% accuracy on auto from 5 tiles away...thats just sad. 23% from point blank?

I like how mr. quiet quietly died.

In my game I was thinking shotguns, snipers, and autocannons/launchers, then migrating to scattercannons (laser), gauss sniper rifles, and plasma casters. Each tree kinda has its own specific upgrade for my troops. Its nice just seeing more options then just assault rifle variants from research. The starting weapons have so much more variety.

Gauss seems to have some balance issues. Why does the guass rifle cost 80% TUs to fire at 40% less accuracy at the same damage as the sniper?
50% TUs to fire at 150% accuracy...seriously?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:24:47 pm by Teks »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 08:07:53 pm »
Teks

I know what will happen as I have recorded several episodes in the future. Gauss tech balancing is addressed in later episodes. (no spoilers here) Human sniper rifles as you have seen have a distinct advantage early in the game and the environment I fight in early game (open tundra) causes the shotgun to be slightly less useful on open tundra.

Mass accelerator tech is awesome but I think may need a bit of balancing. That discussion is for a later date when I get to that part of the game... 

Thanks for watching. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series!

Offline Teks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 10:30:19 pm »
You know what that means...

Don't worry I'm not telling you this stuff. I'm just following along (very) unquietly observing. I'm excited to see what changes you make later on. I end up changing a lot on the rules to try to give more weapons a purpose. I've even worked on craft weapons, and I gotta say balancing those is not easy.

Your very quick and effecient in these missions. I take way too much time, and from watching I feel like I just gotta make some guys a bit more expendable.