aliens

Author Topic: Automatically loading magazines in weapons?  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Ted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Automatically loading magazines in weapons?
« on: May 11, 2014, 04:40:39 am »
It would be nice if when your aircraft arrives on scene that every weapon with an available magazine would automatically get loaded.  Several times I've gone to plug my first alien on site and discovered my weapon was empty.  It doesn't happen every time, and so far as I can tell it only happens when a new soldier is added, but it happens often enough to be very annoying.

Just an idea.

Ted

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Automatically loading magazines in weapons?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:29:58 am »
Turn on "Disable auto equip" in advance options and equip your soldiers manually.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 12:56:29 pm »
Turn on "Disable auto equip" in advance options and equip your soldiers manually.

Yeah, it'd work, but it's really about enhancing the auto-equipping feature. Which indeed should work as the opening post described.

Offline Snickerdoodle

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 02:44:01 pm »
There would still be problems with weapons that can take more than one kind of ammo.

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 04:36:59 pm »
Several times I've gone to plug my first alien on site and discovered my weapon was empty.

That happens because someone carried extra ammo (maybe 2 or 3) and those guys must be overloaded. That makes the rest of the weapons are empty.

There would still be problems with weapons that can take more than one kind of ammo.

The current system will prioritized Piercing type of clip for cannons and explosive type for rocket launchers.

I wonder what happens if you uses the modded weapons? I haven't tried any of those mods.