Author Topic: A "kneeled" indicator  (Read 3431 times)

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
A "kneeled" indicator
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:51:00 pm »
Sometimes the lower part of a soldier is hidden behind a wall or something else and it is impossible to find out if the unit is kneeled or not, the only way to find out and make sure is to invest 4 or 12 TUs, which can just be enough to keep you from doing what you wanted to. So, what about a tiny light/indicator for the UI that shows the current kneeling/status of the unit, it could be as little as a red pixel on the UI. Shouldn't be too hard to do.  ;)

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A "kneeled" indicator
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 01:01:41 pm »
recolor the units arrow yellow = normal brown=kneeling

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 01:04:48 pm »
What I do in these cases is put the cursor on the unit, and see if the head goes close to the top of the "box". But I agree it can be tricky to determine, especially if the soldier seems to be on a tile with a "height" (part of a ramp, stair or hill)

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 12:27:16 pm »
I just realized that keeping the "pressed" status for the kneel-button would work very good as an indicator and it would not need ANY new resources. And it is easy to do. Well, theoritically  ;D

And thanks yrizoud, for the tip!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 06:00:16 pm »
I just realized that keeping the "pressed" status for the kneel-button would work very good as an indicator and it would not need ANY new resources. And it is easy to do. Well, theoritically  ;D

Yep, I agree that this would be most intuitive. Please do that!

Offline Tarvis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 06:35:55 pm »
Only thing is...there isn't a pressed state for the Battlescape buttons. Click any button, they look the same throughout.

I suppose one can be made, of course. Or OpenXcom just simply darken it, that would eliminate the need for new assets
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:40:04 pm by Tarvis »