aliens

Author Topic: (Updated) Mod resources MOSTLY from me  (Read 10842 times)

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(Updated) Mod resources MOSTLY from me
« on: April 25, 2014, 11:33:38 am »
Here some mods/resources i made for OXC. Please read the readmes to avoid problems.
There are two complete mods in there: An Alloy Skyranger with custom layout and tileset and a Heavy Mine mod, called Naymore  :P

The rest of the files are Icons, objects, inventory screen, sounds AAAAAND many custom colored units, amongst them a blonde civilian female  ::)

have fun.

p.s: Some of the files are edits from other people's work, i gave credit and instructions where i could (see readmes)

update: more resources, cleaned up tileset for the Skytransit, more sounds etc.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:23:48 am by civilian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Mod resources MOSTLY from me
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:24:05 pm »
Wow, bits from my sniper plasma! :D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:27:09 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 07:27:24 pm »
So basically, you "stretched" a skyranger by a few units to carry more people? Sensible.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 01:30:28 am »
So basically, you "stretched" a skyranger by a few units to carry more people? Sensible.

A small jab from me: it looks like it is going to topple on its nose any moment now. ;)
Can you move the wheels a little to the front?

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:19:59 am »
Wow, bits from my sniper plasma! :D

yes, correct, you have excellent eyes!  ;D

The Skytransit is a longer version of the Skyranger, with a (static) open door to prevent incoing grenades or enemy fire. That and it has no ramp that can be shot through from behind.

About the wheels: I had to position them there to hide them under the wings  ::)

edit: updated the files

editedit: added some X-Comish windows cursors  :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:37:33 am by civilian »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 02:48:52 pm »
yes, correct, you have excellent eyes!  ;D

The Skytransit is a longer version of the Skyranger, with a (static) open door to prevent incoing grenades or enemy fire. That and it has no ramp that can be shot through from behind.

About the wheels: I had to position them there to hide them under the wings  ::)

edit: updated the files

editedit: added some X-Comish windows cursors  :P

Would you be able (and volunteer of course ;)) to make a third version including two side doors in front of SkyRanger, so that soldiers would have not only one way to exit craft

Even if openable/closable doors would be a must, just adding two holes (as opened doors) would be sufficient from my point of view

(perhaps is it already the case as you are speaking about static door, but I cannot see it on your screen shots)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:51:02 pm by Aldorn »

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: (Updated) Mod resources MOSTLY from me
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 11:33:20 am »
Sorry for the late replay, had some health problems here. Before I released the Skytransit mod I tried to add doors in the way you want and trust me: You do NOT want those open doors, they are deathtraps ^2. I tried every possible combination of door/roof exit and the AI uses them to kill your troops. After a long period of testing I finally decided to use no sidedoors. Unless someone makes open/closable doors for the Skyranger this is the only safe configuration for your troops.

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 12:27:30 pm »
Ah one more thing that i realized when playing with new enemy TFTD races and new units for X-COm: Make sure they are REALLY unique, otherwise they feel/play too similar (and thus a bit boring and redundant).

The TFTD armour system and some units/races are great, the Xarquid, the armours with low side-protection, the Lobsterman with its high resistances etc, they are great. The other races are simply copies of the already existing stuff and do not add that much to the game.

Offline NeXaXeN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 10:44:57 pm »
I just built and fielded the Sky Transit in my newest game. Civilian, gotta say, it's officially my new favorite transport. I just had to post and thank you for the mod.

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 12:44:28 pm »
Thanks, you are very kind!  :) I will make more mods soon, but not atm.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:49:52 pm by civilian »